1711 Caroline: Multifamily At 1711 Caroline St.

Urbannizer

I presume that $5.2 Million is from a building permit?   That is most assuredly not the full cost of building a six-story apartment building such as this.  Not even close.

Correct, this is only from the building permit valuation.

On the value question, what is the most expensive building ever built in Houston? What is the most valuable building in Houston today ?(if you don't count petro-chemical plants on both counts.)

I asked this question a decade ago and someone produced a list and of course the plants came out several billion ahead, but if I remember correctly the Chase Tower was at the top, followed by Wells Fargo, and then some odd building (maybe the galleria?), and then Williams Tower.

This was a long time ago so maybe it has changed since and also basing it off of memory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

18 cranes. Are 2 more coming??

Where would the 2 more be? I think one of the two will be coming down at Macy's old site sometime soon before anything else goes up. Doesn't look like Catalyst will be adding one anytime soon since the one they have is in the middle of their site. Only new one might be at Marlowe if they pre sell enough units.

I thought the building was going to have a larger foot print than that...

This isn't uncommon. Remember they still need space for trailers and unloading and offloading equipment, staging areas for things, enough area to have a ramp all the way to the bottom for vehicles. Once they work their way up then they will be able to expand further to the other side.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...