• suburban area but now live in an urban area
    • suburban area but will eventually move to an urban one
    • urban area but will eventually move to a suburban one
  2. 2. I currently live in a(n)

• urban area but plan to move to the suburbs
    • the suburbs but plan to move to an urban area
    • urban area and plan to stay long term
    • the suburbs and plan to stay long term

After I graduate from college in another year or so, I want to move out of College Station and into a larger city, like Houston, where I can find a job. That doesn't mean "Inner Loop townhome" or even necessarily Houston itself, though.

Grew up in Cypress, now can walk to Reliant Stadium from my house. The burbs were nice back in the 80's and 90's, but now there is just too much traffic, increased crime, and poorer quality homes. Plus, the inner loop is a zillion times better now than what it was back then. Never planning to leave the city.

Yeah, I need specifics on suburban - I'm currently outer loop near Hobby which, back in the day, would have been exurban. These days, not so much - where does your suburban start? Outside 610? Outside 8? Any other criteria?

I currently live in the Greenway Plaza area. I grew up in the Tomball/Magnolia area. I like the convenience of living inside 610; however, I also understand the draw of the suburbs. I am not sure what my plans are in the future. I could end up in some mountain town in Montana. Who knows?

Grew up in a small town on the outer edge of the Houston Metro area.  Went to school and lived inside the Loop for 8.5 years, moved closer to work and now live in the suburbs again.  Do I like it?  Part of it.  The costs of living in the burbs are much lower than living in an urban area.  Plus my job is not inside the loop, nor is my wifes, so moving back into the loop would be counter productive and equate to a VERY long commute.  I do wish there was more diversity of food/shopping etc where I live.  Perhaps in time as more people move to this area that will come?  Hopefully

Archived