Pizza in Houston

We tried Romano's and didn't think it was as good as New York Pizzaria, which is itself just middle of the road. Brothers is pretty good. I've never been to Dolce Vita...where is that?

I thought is was Romano's New York Pizzaria. At least that's what it said on the box when we ordered from there last week. The pizza was marginal at best, but I did not make the toppings decision. The thin crust pizza was soggy in the middle and the sun dried toms packed a twang.

Nobody's mentioned Fuzzy's or Frank's or Farago.

I thought is was Romano's New York Pizzaria. At least that's what it said on the box when we ordered from there last week. The pizza was marginal at best, but I did not make the toppings decision. The thin crust pizza was soggy in the middle and the sun dried toms packed a twang.

Nobody's mentioned Fuzzy's or Frank's or Farago.

Here's a vote for Fuzzy's.

I miss Panjo's.

That was the best pizza, ever. Simple. Thin crust. Extra crispy. Spicy pepperoni. I hear there's one down in Rockport. Thinking about going down there just for a pie...

Antonio's Flying Pizza is also pretty good.

I haven't been to Double Dave's in ages (wasn't there one near Shepherd/Richmond?) but my faint memory recalls the likes of Chuck E. Cheese.

The small pizzas at Brasil are decent, though the last one I had was very...soupy (might have just been a cheese overload, though).

Ponzo's on Bagby is quite good. Dolce Vita is amazing, but pretty gourmet and authentic, kind of on a different level than most places, opposed to the traditional pepperoni and sausage most Americans expect. The Robiola pizza will make you slap your mama. I'm trying Pink's tonight. All this pizza talk...makin' me hungry.

• Like 1

I vote for Dolce Vita by far. I've had too many disappointing pizzas at Star Pizza, and their service is always terrible.

Candelari's is very, very good. Star is over rated.

Another pizza lover who finds Star completely overrated. Ugh.

We get Candelari's often for delivery. Solid. Dolce Vita is good for fancy pizza, but when I just really want a big, old plain slice of cheese, I honestly love New York Pizzeria. It reminds me of the good, divey places back home. How they perfected that in a chain, I'll never know.

Another pizza lover who finds Star completely overrated. Ugh.

We get Candelari's often for delivery. Solid. Dolce Vita is good for fancy pizza, but when I just really want a big, old plain slice of cheese, I honestly love New York Pizzeria. It reminds me of the good, divey places back home. How they perfected that in a chain, I'll never know.

I vote NY Pizzeria, we love that one. But I will say that we've seen different quality and totally different outcome between the different locations. The one in Pearland is good, so is midtown. The Jillian's one not so much. Westheimer@Chimney Rock is also good.

Double Dave's? DOUBLE DAVE'S? Why is that abomination even on the list?!?

Good grief. Double Dave's is for people in the far exurbs who think Cheddar's is fancy Saturday night date dining. SORRY. Double Dave's has some of the rankest, nastiest pizza I've ever had the displeasure of tasting.

/rant over

My vote goes to Dolce Vita. (Shocker, I'm sure. :rolleyes: )

Yeah, seriously along the lines of Little Seizures! Just a pile of grease.

DD's is all over Bryan-College Station too.

For the record, I only said I liked Double Dave's, not that I thought it was the best. Maybe that was in reference to somethingsomeone else.

FWIW, you aren't the only person who's mentioned Double Dave's. I hear it all the time, all over the place. I think when I saw it on here that day, it was the veritable straw that broke the camel's back, that's all. ;)

Or at the very least, the LA Times blogger who I cited sleep.gif

And you're right that "started" was a poor choice of words. I've changed it to the far more correct "engaged in." No hard feelings?

Edited by sheeats
  • Like 1

FWIW, you aren't the only person who's mentioned Double Dave's. I hear it all the time, all over the place. I think when I saw it on here that day, it was the veritable straw that broke the camel's back, that's all. wink.gif

And you're right that "started" was a poor choice of words. I've changed it to the far more correct "engaged in." No hard feelings?

we're cool. i was just messing with ya ;)

FYI: The three contenders are going to be Star, Romano's and Pink's. Star got 20 votes, while Romano's and Pink's were tied at 14 each. Runners-up were Dolce Vita with 11 votes, Russo's with 10 and Brother's with 8. And then about a bazillion votes for every other pizza place in town. Yeesh.

FYI: The three contenders are going to be Star, Romano's and Pink's. Star got 20 votes, while Romano's and Pink's were tied at 14 each. Runners-up were Dolce Vita with 11 votes, Russo's with 10 and Brother's with 8. And then about a bazillion votes for every other pizza place in town. Yeesh.

I voted for other and did not have a write-in option. My intention was to vote for Pink's.