Village Plaza At Bunker Hill Shopping Center At 9710 Katy Fwy.

texasdago

It will be an HEB anchored center developed by Fidelis. 125,000 square foot store so I would look for something like the one at Fry @ 99 in Katy that throws in some Central Mkt touches like expanded meat, natural foods, and cheese as well as some HEB Plus features like outdoor grill supplies.

I-10 @ Bunker Hill

I wish that new Town Centre could lure HEB to open a TRUE Central Market there. Houston is certainly big enough to supporttwo locations.

• 7 months later...
I wish that new Town Centre could lure HEB to open a TRUE Central Market there. Houston is certainly big enough to supporttwo locations.

I agree, but that's too close to the existing location if they ever did build a second. I would expect Clear Lake/Pearland, the Woodlands, Cinco Ranch, and/or Sugar Land to be more likely choices for a second CM than anything inside the Beltway right now.

Here's a map of the entire center: http://www.frpltd.com/FLIERS/West/Village_..._Hill_FLIER.pdf

Tenants include, Olive Garden, Freebirds, Buffalo Wild Wings, Arbys, Panda Express, Candelaris, Becks Prime, Dennys, etc.

If you zoom into the map, you can read the retailers' names on each building.

ICK. Really? Those seem very average and really don't fit the demographics of the area. Its more like a line up you would find out in the suburbs somewhere.

I agree, but that's too close to the existing location if they ever did build a second. I would expect Clear Lake/Pearland, the Woodlands, Cinco Ranch, and/or Sugar Land to be more likely choices for a second CM than anything inside the Beltway right now.

A lot of those places already have some form of an HEB Market. You are right that maybe the location might be too close to the existing one. But there is a huge population in the Beltway area and west that would go to it, and the demographics of 77024 are perfect for that type of market.

Edited by KatieDidIt

• 1 month later...
ICK. Really? Those seem very average and really don't fit the demographics of the area. Its more like a line up you would find out in the suburbs somewhere.

What's so ICK about it? Aside from Olive Garden, Gamestop, and Academy, none of those other stores exist in the general area.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what is going to be built on the northwest corner of Bunker Hill and I-10? I have heard it is going to be an HEB, not a Central Market.

What was here before, was it a neigborhood?

And how about the Fiesta on I-10 Campbell. Any news on that?

Here's a more recent list of tenents...just a few adds. Site map looks to be about 90% leased at this point.

http://www.frpltd.com/property/documents/BunkerHillFLIER.pdf

ANCHOR TENANTS

HEB

Kohl's

Academy

PetSmart

Circuit City

Staples

OTHERS

Freebirds

Bora Bora Nails

Lifeway Christian

Corner Bakery

Chick-fil-A

Olive Garden

Arby's

Denny's

Candelari's

El Rey

Super Cuts

Mattress Firm

T-Mobile

Vogue Cleaners

Panda Express

Massage Envy

If Academy is going in, they must be vacating their location near Voss/I-10...I liked that one as it was unique...and what's with the tenant list? Is this Katy?!?

If Academy is going in, they must be vacating their location near Voss/I-10...I liked that one as it was unique...and what's with the tenant list? Is this Katy?!?

I agree with the tenant list. <_<

I also like the Voss Academy and choose it first over all other locations.With the exception of the HEB,all the other stuff listed is sprinkled around within a two mile radius of this place. What gives? It doesn't fit the profile of the area.

Freebirds and HEB are the only two I'm excited about.

Aside from Academy and the occassional trip to PetsMart, I probably wont visit any of those other places. Save for being forced by my wife to drive through Chick Fil A.

• 3 weeks later...

Whaaaaaa!!!!!

What happened to Buffalo Wild Wings? They were on the prelim tenant list, now Corner Bakery? A good sports bar would be nice to have around here. Nothing to crazy but somewhere to watch the big shows...... Agree on Chic-Fil-A. No more having to get the bird fix by going to the mall. Best Buy will have a little competition now with C.C.

• 2 months later...
Whaaaaaa!!!!!

What happened to Buffalo Wild Wings? They were on the prelim tenant list, now Corner Bakery? A good sports bar would be nice to have around here. Nothing to crazy but somewhere to watch the big shows.

I hated to hear this too. Supposedly since HEB owns the entire plaza.... they do not want any sports bars there. And Mr. C has apparently he had a very hard time trying to relocate in the area over the past couple of years (he saw the writing on the wall a while back) due to Memorial City owning most of the property from basically bunker hill to the beltway. I think most of my sports bar business will be headed towards Bubbas on Washington for now.

Yep. My hockey team needs a new sports/hangout bar to frequent after our league games. Mr. C's is done as of last weekend. Farewell, cheap drinks and awesome bar staff!

I heard it was Metro National (they're the owners of memorial city, right?) who was doing the demo/rebuild of that little shopping center that currently houses the aforementioned Mr. C's, La Fiesta, and Kobe.

Yep. My hockey team needs a new sports/hangout bar to frequent after our league games. Mr. C's is done as of last weekend. Farewell, cheap drinks and awesome bar staff!

I heard it was Metro National (they're the owners of memorial city, right?) who was doing the demo/rebuild of that little shopping center that currently houses the aforementioned Mr. C's, La Fiesta, and Kobe.

Metro National owns pretty much everything along I-10 south from Bunker Hill to just past Gessner I believe. I have heard (rumors) they plan on a shopping center and townhomes.

I am disapointed that BW3's is gone, but so very stoked about Freebirds. I would like to see something that is a little uniqe to Houston, like a Buffalo Cafe' or something like an Empire come out to the west side.

I am disapointed that BW3's is gone, but so very stoked about Freebirds. I would like to see something that is a little uniqe to Houston, like a Buffalo Cafe' or something like an Empire come out to the west side.

I wonder what is going to happen with the old Toys R' Us.

• 1 month later...
I grew up going to that Toys R' Us, it need a makeover or a new location. The shopping center in front of the Toys R' Us has been empty for a while now. I wonder if they will just tear it down and the toy store and put something else there.

I think they are going to bring that shopping center down. There has been some activity at the Toys R' Us in the past few days. I am fairly certain that it has been closed since Ike.

Also, from what I have heard, the owner of the hotel next door is looking to sell. He wants some sort of mixed use development for the site.

• 4 weeks later...
I think they are going to bring that shopping center down. There has been some activity at the Toys R' Us in the past few days. I am fairly certain that it has been closed since Ike.

Also, from what I have heard, the owner of the hotel next door is looking to sell. He wants some sort of mixed use development for the site.

anymore updates as to who is going in here?

• 4 weeks later...
Spec's is opening down at the Home Depot/Starbucks between Wirt and Voss. I'm thinking its the same store relocating.

Yeah, there's already a sign up announcing Spec's in that location. So, what about the Toys R Us? Anybody know that location's fate?

Yeah, there's already a sign up announcing Spec's in that location. So, what about the Toys R Us? Anybody know that location's fate?

I was told about Toys R Us a few months ago, I guess I was wrong.

Hate they are moving further away from me. Not that I am a lush.