Village Plaza At Bunker Hill Shopping Center At 9710 Katy Fwy.

texasdago

BTW I forgot to include this link to the HBJ article indicating Central Market and CVS as competitors with Mem City Hospital:

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ewscolumn3.html

Agghh! I would HATE to see CVS going up at such a prime spot, considering that it is supposed to be the ground zero of West Houston. But, hey, if we can have the smutty Zone D' Erotica right in the heart of Uptown, the pesky CVS wouldnt be a surprise!

kzseattle, isn't that the truth! UGH!  That place is HORRIBLE!!!!!!  It's so tacky! On a more nostalgic note, I remember when that used to be Luke's, they had the best bacon cheeseburger around at 3AM....how I loved Luke's!!!!!

Well, it sounds like that spot on the corner of Gessner and I-10 will become a 9-story professional bldg. I hope I'm wrong. The latest I heard was that Central Market might end up in the new Town & Country. Wishful thinking...?

Hey texasdago, I think you might have read an old article about that? The 9-story prof building III has already been built. It sits at 923 Gessner. The old Oshman's lot is 975 Gessner, according to Metro National's website.

However, I'd love to know where you heard about Central Market going in T&C? That is literally right across the street from me and I'd be just tickled to death if it went in there!!!!! :D

Hey texasdago, I think you might have read an old article about that?  The 9-story prof building III has already been built.  It sits at 923 Gessner.  The old Oshman's lot is 975 Gessner, according to Metro National's website.

However, I'd love to know where you heard about Central Market going in T&C?  That is literally right across the street from me and I'd be just tickled to death if it went in there!!!!!  :D

Parrothead... the article I came across seemed pretty recent. I'll see if I can track it down. BTW - I noticed the link on the bottom of your page. Do you now live in Memorial Bend? The web page you've linked is my page :)

How funny! I love your web page, BTW, it's great!! That's my dad in that pic with his first wife Pat. She still lives in their house--after all these years!

I live right next to Mem Bend in Georgetown, the condos. If we end up staying in Houston, I told my husband it's a Floyd house or nothing! :lol: Good thing he loves them too!

I've gone into the Woodlands version of the Central Market a few times now, and unless things pick up dramatically, they may be going the way of Albertson's. It is always dead slow in there, more of a tourist attraction but people just walk through and look around and then leave without buying. Meanwhile the Krogers and Randalls in the area always appear to be bustling. What gives?

Because it is an upscale store stuck in a middle class neighborhood masquerading with upscale pretensions.

According to a friend of mine who works in the medical complex at Memorial City, the old Oshman's site has been reserved by the hospital for either a building addition or a parking garage. This was heard within the last couple of months.

Other 'rumours': the Prince's restaurant located just East of Memorial City is planning to relocate to the North side of I-10 in the vicinity of Gessner. Also, 59 Diner on I-10 (closer to the Loop as you head East) is looking for space in the same area. This info comes directly from employees at these two restaurants.

And, there has been talk of the Lumpkin Rd. Home Depot moving to the site that Wal-Mart was courting in Spring Valley (?) last year, in which case HCC would possibly take over the HD space to expand their campus.

But I personally do hope Central Market finds something in this area .... it would be a great addition.

Because it is an upscale store stuck in a middle class neighborhood masquerading with upscale pretensions.

So if The Woodlands with an average household income of $85,253 is a "middle class" neighborhood who cannot even afford to buy at Central Market, who do you think Central Market is after? Only those who live in River Oaks? Well then I am surprised they havnt gone out of business yet since thats a very tiny market!

Central Market isn't Hermes or Versace. I am sure that, before spending millions of dollars on their store, they did some market research to determine if they will be affordable.

Okay, well, I got the 411 from Metro National. Here is what they said to me:

Polly-- I don't have any info for you right now other than it will be a mixed-use development-- healthcare, retail, hospitality... Look for more info on future Memorial City developments in the near future in the press. We will also be lauching a website memorialcity.com in the next 2-3 weeks that will contain updates.

Thanks!

angie sallee

Well all that tells me is that they haven't come to an agreement yet on anything LOL! Let's see, doctors, stores, and.....hospitality? Hotel? Motel? Restaurant?

Sounds like all of the Memorial City area. How vague can you get?! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, well, I got the 411 from Metro National.  Here is what they said to me:

Polly-- I don't have any info for you right now other than it will be a mixed-use development-- healthcare, retail, hospitality...  Look for more info on future Memorial City developments in the near future in the press.  We will also be lauching a website memorialcity.com in the next 2-3 weeks that will contain updates.

Thanks!

angie sallee

Well all that tells me is that they haven't come to an agreement yet on anything LOL!  Let's see, doctors, stores, and.....hospitality?  Hotel? Motel? Restaurant?

Sounds like all of the Memorial City area.  How vague can you get?!  :lol:

I drove by the location today and didnt have enough time to look closely but noticed banners on the fences with words like "Dine", "Shop", "Lounge" etc. It seems that it is some kind of an expansion of Memorial City mall. Perhaps, it is their response to what's planned for T&C mall that is going to be some mixed-used development. Memorial City and T&C seem to be in a competitive race. I dont think there is going to be another health care building since it is already there. It is probably going to add some open-air retail plus restaurants.

Yeah, alot of the malls are trying to add open air wings (The Woodlands, First, Colony, etc) an open air wing would be great on memorialCity!

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that too!  It should be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks...  :)

The former Oshmans spot is going to be reserved for hospital use I have heard. This makes the most sense. They can't seem to stop expanding the hospital fast enough.

I had heard that Central Market would go in where the former Target was located (next to Echo Lane Shopping Center). Anyway you look at it, a Central Market would really hurt Randall's at T&C and Kroger at Echo Lane. West Houston could hardly stand another grocery store, but Central Market is not a grocery store, it is an experience.

The former Oshmans spot is going to be reserved for hospital use I have heard. This makes the most sense. They can't seem to stop expanding the hospital fast enough.

I had heard that Central Market would go in where the former Target was located (next to Echo Lane Shopping Center). Anyway you look at it, a Central Market would really hurt Randall's at T&C and Kroger at Echo Lane. West Houston could hardly stand another grocery store, but Central Market is not a grocery store, it is an experience.

The former Target has been renovated and I think Marshall's is in there now. That entire center has been redone, so I don't see Central Market going in there.

Marshall's has only taken about half of the old Target space so there is the old Marshall's and about half a Target, contiguous space, left at that center with some additional space in back. It's a good location. The rear access is a big asset.

This seems like a good idea!

• 4 months later...

I'm new to this forum and just coming across this thread. I work very close to the Central Market on Westheimer/Weslayan so I stop by there now and then. Back in May they were doing a survey -- it was very short, I can't remember now but I think it just asked for your zip code, how often you shop there, a couple of questions like that. The lady who was handing out the clipboards said they were evaluating whether to open another CM in Houston. Don't know if anything came of that or not.

• 9 months later...
does anybody have any information about the lot north of i-10 between bunker hill & whitte road it's next to the costco/bestbuy/lowes lot and they have torn pretty much everything up. it looks like something big

In this thread discussing a new HEB on the Katy board, someone notes they are putting in another HEB at I10 and Bunker Hill. Scroll down to Costco King's post.

HEB @ I-10 and Bunker Hill

• 4 months later...

I heard on another topic on this site. thats why I asked. I didnt know if they were talking about the randalls in town and country or not.

but if they put an HEB at i-10 and bunker hill it will greatly hamper randall's market share for that area.

hopefully they werent talking about that one. is the one on voss closing down? because the topic spoke of a randalls in the general area of Memorial (77024) to be closing...

I can't say what Randall's plans are.

This was the original list for Randall's closures

13350 Jones Road

7320 Antoine

12555 Westheimer

6805 Highway 6 South

11021 Fuqua

7098 Bissonnet

1302 Blalock Dr.

4880 Louetta

1306 W. Davis

13140 Louetta