Etihad Airways

IntFlyer

I think they are starting service to DFW soon...I have not heard of expansion to IAH. I suppose it is possible as it seems the international carriers are no longer going either or with DFW and IAH and are picking both with Emirates, Korean and Qatar recent examples....

Etihad does seem like a likely addition to IAH's list.  But, I expect/hope that we will see a South American Carrier next.  LAN or TAM, maybe?  With World Cup and Olympics on the horizon, I am sure that SA Carriers will want start to develop their Americana networks.   

Emirates, Qatar and Saudi are the largest Middle Eastern airlines.

**But I see that Etihad has orders for 224 aircraft!  Most of them are the nextGen 350s/787s!  So no doubt they will spread the wealth around and fly here at some point.

It would be great to see a new flag carrier every day at IAH.  I remember the time when you would only see Lufthansa, KLM and BA on Sunday's (it seemed).  A lot busier now!

Air New Zealand there is no market there.  The country has just has 4 million in population.  Aeroflot I would not get on the plane!  South African could work but as of now from JNB to JFK it has to refuel in Dakar. Qantus flies from DFW with a stop in Brisbane to refuel.  TAM is now with Oneworld but they always concentrate in Brazil and South America.  They fly to MIA and JFK and Europe. 

• The title was changed to Etihad Airways

Archived