The Woodlands Development

Marcus Allen

Wow! Did Sunday in the Park at the Woodlands this weekend, listening to local band EZ Money. Saw Hughes Landing development, Exxon Mobile campus and Grand Parkway development. Good grief! I hadn't been that way in Over six months and had no idea how things are moving along. By the by, what is the highrise almost finished on I45 near the GP connection? I was trying to see the sign, but it was raining when I was arriving and was too dark when I left. Oh, and a general question, I know that earlier ordinances dictated that all trees removed in a development had to be replaced. Is this still the case with all those big ass commercial developments? I was just wondering. Oh and the view of the water at that park reminded me of The Hamptons or Laguna Gloria in Austin. Fantastic. I am proud of Houston, and metro areas, but sort of like to keep these venues a local secret so we don't become as dense as LA. LoL!

the building near the grand parkway intersection is SWN Energy.  There is a thread with several construction pictures.  I can see Hughes Landing and Exxon from our offices.  Hughes Landing and CB&I have 9 cranes up right now.  Also, there are flyovers under construction at 242 and I-45 just north of Town Center.  The traffic is getting really bad.

Here's a nice aerial for you...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/03/exclusive-the-woodlands-as-you-have-never-seen-it.html

Is traffic really that bad?  Even with all the pipeline construction, it's nothing like Houston.  The Rayford corridor and Oak Ridge (both not The Woodlands) is a complete mess, and Research Forest gets backed up going N. at rush hour.  Other than that, traffic moves quite well in my experience.  My overall gripe is that road infrastructure should support TW as a city rather than as a destination to Houston.  There should be radials outward from town center to the East side and overpasses that go North on Research Forest.

Saw the video. Again, WOW!, a lot going on there. That 2k acre site that Johnson Corp is developing has me curious. Again, though, replacement of the flora removed? How will that be handled?

Me too. Black Forest Ventures must be involved somehow. 

Not sure what portion of this land is in the flood zone, but the smell of cut pine is coming. 

• The title was changed to The Woodlands Development

Archived