Pearl Marketplace At Midtown: Multifamily At 3120 Smith St.

DrLan34

a full-service butcher and bakery—but it will be the first to offer Briggo, a “robot barista” that produces customized drinks on-demand via mobile app or touchscreen kiosk.

https://communityimpact.com/local-news/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/news/2019/10/09/midtown-whole-foods-november-briggo-robot-barista/

cTIXoiz.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

It's basically a long-ass kiosk that makes a coffee when you order it. They have one on the mezzanine level of the George R. Brown near the Marriott skywalk. I'm not sure if it's any good, but there was a line of people waiting to pay tribute to their coffee-serving robotic overlord.

• Like 2

If anyone wanted to go for the opening, you can get some swag.

Hey, neighbor. We’re excited to announce our doors are opening on Thurs‌day, Novem‌ber 7, and we want you to be there! The doors officially open at 8 am, but come early for music and complimentary coffee and snacks.* Be one of the first 200 customers in line when the store opens and you'll receive a token valid for a Whole Foods Market Midtown Houston tote bag and a "Secret Saver" card valued between $5 and $100.** Bring your family and friends — we’ll see you there!

Kind of interested, so might walk over. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I might be one of the first 200 in line to get that insulated bag. Alas a conflict came up..............sigh

Wont get to experience the whole “kazillion people in line” Kazillion people trying to check out at the same time not to mention everyone looking and exiting  parking at the same time.......oh my

so how was it?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Randalls midtown is going to have to step it up 

a lot

I actually have a Randalls a block away and a Whole Foods a block away and i go to both equally... (i am on mccue in uptown)

Randalls for all the basic items and Whole Foods for specialty items so i think both will be fine...however i haven't been to that Randalls in Midtown in a long time so definitely time for an update if it hasn't had one in awhile! 

• Like 3

It got a rearrangement a while ago that opened it up more (it's a small store) by putting the pharmacy along the outer wall with shelves in the middle.  It definetly doesn't have as much of the newer bulk foods or non-food items.

Also after a certain time they only have one cashier, resulting in very long lines 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, midtowndweller said:

I woke up at 6:50am this morning and was really considering going (woulda been maybe a 10 minute walk) but I knew I wouldn’t be one of the first 200 people. I’ll head over after my workout today.

Eh. You probably would've made the cut. I biked over around that time to make the line at 7 AM and estimate that I was safely among the first 50 people. The branded Midtown tote bag was nice. Also appreciated that they opened doors early.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Short article, but here you go!

On-Site Grocery Stores Are Becoming a Thing in This Texas City's Apartments

Trend is Taking Off in Areas Packed With Rentals, Offices and Retail

Sprouting freestanding, suburban supermarkets with surface parking have long ruled in vast Houston. Today, grocers are affiliating with apartment and office developers to afford stores in pricier urban locations.

Building multilevel stores allows grocers to consider smaller tracts while offering efficiencies like shared parking garages with apartment and office tenants.

According to a recent Urban Land Institute study, grocers are especially attractive partners because they serve as a destination amenity for residents and office tenants in mixed-use projects. In fact, grocery-anchored projects can charge a 20% rent premium, whereas mixed-use apartment projects with retail and office can charge a 15% rent premium to residents.

Last year marked the arrival of Houston's first two apartment buildings situated over grocery stores. The Morgan Group's Pearl Marketplace at Midtown boasts a Whole Foods Market on the ground floor and its apartment units, which recently were completed. Midway Companies' St. Andrie at Buffalo Heights, located at Washington Avenue and Studemont, also recently delivered, and boasts H-E-B's first mixed-use grocery store.

These grocery-anchored mixed-use projects echo the densification of Houston, and are changing the way some urban residents live and shop. Rather than stocking up on the weekend, residents living above a grocery store can take several trips a week, enjoying fresh produce and meats. Furthermore, residents can drive less and walk more, developing health benefits, as the need for a car diminishes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Pearl Marketplace At Midtown: Multifamily At 3120 Smith St.