Pearl Marketplace At Midtown: Multifamily At 3120 Smith St.

DrLan34

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

Well let's just hope the construction takes longer than the demolition.

I like Whole Foods, but there has to be more than just that as a draw for an apartment complex to commit to that area.

ya, who wants to live near the intersection of midtown and montrose?

:rolleyes:

new to houston?

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

Well let's just hope the construction takes longer than the demolition.

I like Whole Foods, but there has to be more than just that as a draw for an apartment complex to commit to that area.

I am not sure I understand.  That part of midtown is doing very well, IMO.   Is there more context to your point that you are willing to share?

• Like 6

http://zieglercooper.com/morgan-smith-street/

Houston-based apartment developer Morgan’s latest midrise in Midtown will feature all the luxury amenities of a new Class A project: an oversized fitness center, resort-style pool and an expansive courtyard. The developer was able to acquire one of the most coveted amenities for its 10th Pearl-branded apartments in the Bayou City: a Whole Foods Market grocery store.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 0:02 PM, Tejo said:

The topic should be titled-

Pearl on Smith + 365 by Whole Foods.

The next Whole Foods in the Houston area will be in Clear Lake, likely opening in 2018. Afterwards, Pearland.

IMG_3203.JPG

Pretty sure Whole Foods has explicitly stated that this is slated to be a Whole Foods, not a 365.  Have that changed direction?

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 8:47 AM, Houston19514 said:

Pretty sure Whole Foods has explicitly stated that this is slated to be a Whole Foods, not a 365.  Have that changed direction?

Well, I work for Whole Foods. I recently had a conversation with a regional higher-up. I asked him specifically if the midtown store would be a Whole Foods or a 365. He said it will be a 365. I told him there would be a lot of disappointed people. He related how folks in Silverlake (L.A.) initially had the same feelings. But the store is now quite popular. The original thought was actually to open a 365 in the Heights. However, it would cannibalize the Montrose store, which is a million dollar a week location. 

IMG_3313.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tejo said:

Well, I work for Whole Foods. I recently had a conversation with a regional higher-up. I asked him specifically if the midtown store would be a Whole Foods or a 365. He said it will be a 365. I told him there would be a lot of disappointed people. He related how folks in Silverlake (L.A.) initially had the same feelings. But the store is now quite popular. The original thought was actually to open a 365 in the Heights. However, it would cannibalize the Montrose store, which is a million dollar a week location. 

IMG_3313.JPG

^^^ ok, well then, we get it @Tejo however, if this is indeed the case, then why are the powers that be with WHOLE FOODS not being frank with the houston / midtown community?  everyone knows that currently speaking, WHOLE FOODS is constantly relinquishing public scrutiny as per their constant national mismanagement and underperforming stores.  (is this some kind of a strange game with them?)  this is not L.A..  therefore, surely they are not going to just venture into the midtown houston area, whereby, perpetrating a significant fraud... right?  nonetheless, here is my advice my pal, please present HAIF to your regional higher-up, allow for him / her to step up to the plate and be truthful as to what they are currently planning in our midtown area.  surely, this can't hurt their already diminishing national image... right?

On 12/2/2016 at 4:32 PM, Tejo said:

IMG_3313.JPG

The original announced thought was to open the Garden Oaks store (which I'm sure has also been referred to as the Heights).  They still show the that location on their website.

If they have changed the Midtown store to a 365, someone should alert the people who maintain their website.  It is still listed as a Whole Foods (not 365) under development).  http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/stores-development

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...