DrLan34

Pearl Marketplace at Midtown: Apartments, Whole Foods

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

It's basically a long-ass kiosk that makes a coffee when you order it. They have one on the mezzanine level of the George R. Brown near the Marriott skywalk. I'm not sure if it's any good, but there was a line of people waiting to pay tribute to their coffee-serving robotic overlord.

• Like 2

If anyone wanted to go for the opening, you can get some swag.

Hey, neighbor. We’re excited to announce our doors are opening on Thurs‌day, Novem‌ber 7, and we want you to be there! The doors officially open at 8 am, but come early for music and complimentary coffee and snacks.* Be one of the first 200 customers in line when the store opens and you'll receive a token valid for a Whole Foods Market Midtown Houston tote bag and a "Secret Saver" card valued between $5 and $100.** Bring your family and friends — we’ll see you there!

Kind of interested, so might walk over. 

• Like 4

I thought I might be one of the first 200 in line to get that insulated bag. Alas a conflict came up..............sigh

Wont get to experience the whole “kazillion people in line” Kazillion people trying to check out at the same time not to mention everyone looking and exiting  parking at the same time.......oh my

so how was it?

• Like 5

I woke up at 6:50am this morning and was really considering going (woulda been maybe a 10 minute walk) but I knew I wouldn’t be one of the first 200 people. I’ll head over after my workout today.

• Like 3

Randalls midtown is going to have to step it up 

a lot

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Randalls midtown is going to have to step it up 

a lot

I actually have a Randalls a block away and a Whole Foods a block away and i go to both equally... (i am on mccue in uptown)

Randalls for all the basic items and Whole Foods for specialty items so i think both will be fine...however i haven't been to that Randalls in Midtown in a long time so definitely time for an update if it hasn't had one in awhile! 

• Like 3

It got a rearrangement a while ago that opened it up more (it's a small store) by putting the pharmacy along the outer wall with shelves in the middle.  It definetly doesn't have as much of the newer bulk foods or non-food items.

Also after a certain time they only have one cashier, resulting in very long lines 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, midtowndweller said:

I woke up at 6:50am this morning and was really considering going (woulda been maybe a 10 minute walk) but I knew I wouldn’t be one of the first 200 people. I’ll head over after my workout today.

Eh. You probably would've made the cut. I biked over around that time to make the line at 7 AM and estimate that I was safely among the first 50 people. The branded Midtown tote bag was nice. Also appreciated that they opened doors early.

• Like 4

Shopped early Sunday morning  before my bike ride, had a coupons mailed to me since I live blocks away. 

z9wtSzF.jpg

Dpfgjbr.jpg

X2nfPo1.jpg

• Like 8