Ford Atkinson retiring from KRIV-TV Fox 26

Blue Dogs

Mike McGuff and The Insite both reporting Fox 26 reporter Ford Atkinson will be retiring from Fox 26 after 22 years, joining the station in 1992 and anchored the weekend newscasts in 1997. Before joining KRIV-TV, Atkinson came to Houston in 1982 and worked for KPRC-TV NBC 2 for several years before working for the Harris County Sheriff's Department.

McGuff also noted that Atkinson hadn't been seen on the air since last year. Could it be that GM D'Art Bebel is acting like a dictator in driving good folks away from Fox 26 such as the late Robert Smith, Mike Barajas, Cecilia Sinclair, etc.,

Y'all reaction to Atkinson retiring from Fox 26?

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be that GM D'Art Bebel is acting like a dictator in driving good folks away from Fox 26 such as the late Robert Smith, Mike Barajas, Cecilia Sinclair, etc.,

No?

Those examples span the course of about 15 years, so I don't think referring to a GM as a "dictator" that "drives" people away from somewhere makes sense. I don't recall the issues with the late Mr. Smith (2000) and the whole Mike Barajas thing (2011) was said to be "mutual", but I do remember Cecilia Sinclair (2007) left to take care of her special-needs child.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived