$59-Million Desalination Plant

Thought this was interesting.

I don't know how to find the article on line, but I read in Saturday's The Facts newspaper (covers Brazoria County. )

Brazosport Water Authority unanimously approved the plan for the plant.

"The plant will provide water to seven municipalities and industrial partners through a process of converting Brackish water. . . into fresh water."

"The project will be funded through money the water authority has set aside from refinancing bonds and at a rate increase that will be passed on to the entities involved in the project.

Dow Chemical had a desalinization plant at Freeport for years. I remember reading about it in the Texas Almanac and other publications back in the day. It was something of note that Freeport used in marketing materials back in the 60's and 70's.  

Dow Chemical had a desalinization plant at Freeport for years. I remember reading about it in the Texas Almanac and other publications back in the day. It was something of note that Freeport used in marketing materials back in the 60's and 70's.  

I don't know if Dow had a desalinization plant or not, but the unit that made magnesium took in sea water as the raw material, and had nearly pure water as a byproduct.

• The title was changed to $59-Million Desalination Plant

Archived