Costliest Car Ownership Cities

bruce_oneal

Bastrop is between Houston and Austin. I think you maybe closer to Austin.

A similar thing happend when I went to college. I'm from south Louisisana and I went to college in the northern part of the state. My parents (group auto insurance) changed my address to where i was in college and the rate on my car dropped by half. The insurers told them the lower population density and much stronger drinking laws were the main contributors to the lower rate.

It funny if you try different zip codes within Houston your rate changes. I lived in 77063 (westheimer and dunvale) when I moved here. When I moved in the loop to 77098 (Kirby by Alabama) my policy dropped $100.

It dropped a little bit more when i moved to my house at 77007.

Um, where is Indianapolis on that list? Our premiums in Indy have been higher than in any other state we've lived in. So much so, I don't want to post what I pay them, for fear of being mugged.

Seriously, CNN's got too much time on their hands for all these studies lately. "Study shows that blind mice can run," "Study shows that people still have accidents with hands-free devices," "Study shows that study results get everyone worked up about how Houston is better than Dallas," "Study proves itself to be all hype," "Study shows that Batboy is a mafia don."

It seems that they don't want to do news anymore and want to just post some study which may have flaws.

Good thing Fox News is much better in the content, and I still don't watch it too much.

Archived