Amegy Bank At 1717 West Loop S.

nolaboy

Meyer declined to say how much the building will cost, and it'll be a few more weeks before Amegy has renderings of what the 350,000 square feet of space will look like, but "it will be a very handsome building," he said.

Link

I was under the impression that William Chilton had done more of the buildings in Houston. Could be wrong. Would be great to know who does which, so that we can get a sense of style/personality for each architect.

incorrect. john pickard is typically the lead architect in most of their houston projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Did somebody post the location that Micro Center is moving to already?

If not, they are currently looking to relocate to a brand new building across from Sam's Club at S Rice Ave and close to Westpark Dr. (Building doesn't exist yet, if that wasn't clear). There will be an announcement if that is the property actually bought.

Looks like the source was right.

the new amegy bank building should be well received on here - it will easily be the most attractive building directly on the loop.

This is when we bring out the champagne bottles.

• Like 1

..There will also be design element on top that will extend the height somewhat.

I hope its not a giant inflatable gorilla!  Those are so tacky! :P

Really though, if there is something added to the top, hopefully it is something that scales nicely to the building.  A 20 floor building with a 5 floor architectural element would probably be too bold.  I'm also hoping its not a "crown of thorns" like 3333 Allen Parkway has!  DZ Bank hq in Frankfurt am Main worked ok...

• Like 1

HUH!!!??? Crown Of Thorns!?!? I wish it was that cool!!! To me it looks like a giant empty fruit basket and i keep checking to see if they ever filled it with huge inflatable bananas, oranges and apples!!! doh!

• Like 3

HUH!!!??? Crown Of Thorns!?!? I wish it was that cool!!! To me it looks like a giant empty fruit basket and i keep checking to see if they ever filled it with huge inflatable bananas, oranges and apples!!! doh!

To me it looks more like the supporting structure for a Roller Derby venue.

• Like 1

To me it looks more like the supporting structure for a Roller Derby venue.

Perhaps it was a bad reference?  I didn't know what else to call it... since it is at the buildings "crown"?

I always thought it was a bad immitation of the KohnPedersonFox building in Frankfurt, Germany (my referenced link in my above post).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only saw it for a minute.  Very round, cylinder like. Light Blue glass... Large crown? I guess you could call it that extends a few floors above the top.  Lighting feature that runs up the side of the building I think.  Don't know if it is on both sides.  Just saw the angle from San Felipe and 610. 

Yes, I realize this description sucks. 

• Like 3

Only saw it for a minute. Very round, cylinder like. Light Blue glass... Large crown? I guess you could call it that extends a few floors above the top. Lighting feature that runs up the side of the building I think. Don't know if it is on both sides. Just saw the angle from San Felipe and 610.

That's pretty spot on... I'm hesitant to even call it a crown though but it does extend beyond the usable floors. It will definitely have a great impact along 610, that's for sure.

• Like 2

That's pretty spot on... I'm hesitant to even call it a crown though but it does extend beyond the usable floors. It will definitely have a great impact along 610, that's for sure.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. Can't wait to see it for myself

• Like 1

Only saw it for a minute. Very round, cylinder like. Light Blue glass... Large crown? I guess you could call it that extends a few floors above the top. Lighting feature that runs up the side of the building I think. Don't know if it is on both sides. Just saw the angle from San Felipe and 610.

Sounds very cool! I am looking forward to seeing this go up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...