Amegy Bank At 1717 West Loop S.

nolaboy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna go ahead and use my higgly intelligent deductive skills to assume crane operators have legs for days.

Lol, not really.

You'd be surprised at how out of shape most of the guys I work with are.

You only make that climb twice a day, once in the morning, and then when your shift is over. The other 12 hours you're just sitting on your ass.

The higher cranes usually have an elevator on the building that takes you most of the way up.

• Like 2

Lol, not really.

You'd be surprised at how out of shape most of the guys I work with are.

You only make that climb twice a day, once in the morning, and then when your shift is over. The other 12 hours you're just sitting on your ass.

The higher cranes usually have an elevator on the building that takes you most of the way up.

How do they poop?

They even have lunch up there?

Poop bucket is on the aft part of the counter jib, away from the dining room.

On one extended business trip in the Middle East, I was staying in an apartment next to a building under construction. The crane was a luffing job type in the center of the new building. For a couple of weeks, the cab was at the same level as my apartment. The operator would lower a bucket on a rope, and then haul it back up. I assume there were trips for water, and to empty the "disposal vessel". The best part, though, was the days when the crane was being cleaned, and the guy doing the cleaning was walking all over the top of the cab, 13 stories up, and not tied off while he leaned over to clean the windows, polish the hydraulic bits, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I count 19 floors-ish so looks like another 5 floors to go. Keep in mind that there is also a crown on this building so it'll have the feel of a 30-story building when it's done. Already driving down the west loop it looks a helluva lot bigger than it is. I mean this thing dominates!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...