Covered Patio - 13'X29' - Cost

Just came to know about this forum and signed up for this question. For sure i will participate in other threads that i am interested in.

I am not familiar with the construction cost around Greater houston area. 

I am planning to build 13'X29' Covered Patio - City of Pearland - Permit Required for construction. 

Brief Spec of the Patio 

1. Patio will look like below pic : 

1. DSC04117.jpg

2. Existing 10X10 Concrete will be removed, new concrete 13'X29' will be poured. Rectangular, no odd designs

3. Arch Design  between All columns and columns to wall 

4. Post will be Covered with Bricks (i supply)

5. Gutters 

6. Electrical : 22 Point - 2 New Breakers - 3 Fans, 8 Recessed Lights, 3 Lights on column facing inside, 3 Lights on column facing outside , 3 GFCI outlets on collumns, 2 outlets on ceiling 

I am getting quotes - with lowest price $12500 - all the way to $24,000. - $33 / Sq.ft to $63 / Sq.ft. I bought my house in 2009, for $65/Sq.ft. 

I have been reading online that, If i split the work - I will be able to save good amount of money. 

If i Break the Job 

1. Permit Drawings ( Structural + Electrical )

2. Concrete ( Lowest Quote $1800 )

3. Structural ( Post and Rafters - Patio structure)

4. Roofing / gutters 

5. Electrical Work 

6. Cover Post with Bricks 

I do crown molding / trim work - some Electrical work (no license) - I dont know any contractor ( i wrote down lot of phone numbers from this forum). 

Question

Whats the best way to go ? 

What you recommend ? 

It will be really helpful...

Hi and welcome to the forum. I work for a company that uses some good residential construction contractors. Typically they run about $35 per square foot for everything minus cladding the columns. That's usually a few hundred per column. Paying $63 per square foot is outrageous for a project like that.

If you want, I can message you some contacts that would be worth talking to although I don't know if they do work that far south. Either way, good luck!

Thanks Bri...lowest person quote value is about $12,500+Drawings+fees - about $13,500 and on top of it - I ve to spend about $1500 ( 3 Fans, 8 Lights, Bricks )...

I feel like $15,000 - is really high....

Please - If you can give me some contact - it will be great. I am thinking of going through stage by stage. For that - I need Permit Drawings. 

Construction is expensive.  Are you in any sort of wind zone?  If so - you may need a licensed TDI Structural Engineer to rate that structure.  Which will cost you and additional $2000 or so (probably a little less).

You probably just need stamped engineer drawings - no need for an architect.

Call City of Pearland Planning before you start and make sure you have all areas covered before you get half-way through and discover you need a structural or electrical engineer (some cities are whack with their regulations/codes)...probably not Pearland, but just ask.

Don't give them an address - just say "I have a property that I want to do "X" with, what will I need to focus on?"

• 3 months later...

Just came to know about this forum and signed up for this question. For sure i will participate in other threads that i am interested in.

I am not familiar with the construction cost around Greater houston area. 

I am planning to build 13'X29' Covered Patio - City of Pearland - Permit Required for construction. 

Brief Spec of the Patio 

1. Patio will look like below pic : 

1. DSC04117.jpg

2. Existing 10X10 Concrete will be removed, new concrete 13'X29' will be poured. Rectangular, no odd designs

3. Arch Design  between All columns and columns to wall 

4. Post will be Covered with Bricks (i supply)

5. Gutters 

6. Electrical : 22 Point - 2 New Breakers - 3 Fans, 8 Recessed Lights, 3 Lights on column facing inside, 3 Lights on column facing outside , 3 GFCI outlets on collumns, 2 outlets on ceiling 

I am getting quotes - with lowest price $12500 - all the way to $24,000. - $33 / Sq.ft to $63 / Sq.ft. I bought my house in 2009, for $65/Sq.ft. 

I have been reading online that, If i split the work - I will be able to save good amount of money. 

If i Break the Job 

1. Permit Drawings ( Structural + Electrical )

2. Concrete ( Lowest Quote $1800 )

3. Structural ( Post and Rafters - Patio structure)

4. Roofing / gutters 

5. Electrical Work 

6. Cover Post with Bricks 

I do crown molding / trim work - some Electrical work (no license) - I dont know any contractor ( i wrote down lot of phone numbers from this forum). 

Question

Whats the best way to go ? 

What you recommend ? 

It will be really helpful...

I was also planning to renovate my patio when the bank approves my loan. please share your total cost of renovation when you're done. To give me an idea about the cost. Thanks

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Installing a covered patio is very beneficial during raining where you can sit outside and enjoy the rain without getting wet. Recently, I had remodeled my backyard with beautiful covered patio. I had also installed a new paving stone for my patio, driveway by hiring an asphalt driveway Long Island contractors. After the completion of my patio, I and my family feel very nice to be able to sit outdoors in the spring and enjoy the fresh air.

Good luck for your project.

• 11 months later...

I just came accross this thread and I am getting bids now for a patio at my house.  I want to go a little bigger, but not much.  I was curious if you had any updates on costs.  I was told by one company they charge $100 per sqft.  I told them I didn't need their services.  Also, can you recommend anyone to me?  

• 3 months later...

Archived