Sign in to follow this  
IronTiger

Did Doc's ever open?

IronTiger    805

According to Swamplot, Doc's Bar & Grill (former Wendy's) was supposed to open in November. However, I can't find anything on it on Yelp or whatnot. Is it cancelled, delayed, or what happened?

HoustonMidtown    2,762

According to Swamplot, Doc's Bar & Grill (former Wendy's) was supposed to open in November. However, I can't find anything on it on Yelp or whatnot. Is it cancelled, delayed, or what happened?

It still looks like the pictures in post #29 in  this thread.....http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27053-old-wendys-off-westheimer/?hl=wendys

Edited by HoustonMidtown

IronTiger    805

That sucks. I wonder if they'll ever finish it (Fish & The Knife took 3 years, apparently), or if it will just rot like that until enough people complain.

nate4l1f3    495

Sorry for the old bump but couldn' find anything on the first page. If I missed it my apologies.  

Doc's is no more. Soon to be ruggles ice.  Which is believed to be an ice house concept. 

• Like 2

gene    948

yeah i read that recently as well! apparently the one in austin closed as well supposedly looking to move to a new location...interesting............ 

hoping the new place is good! 

j_cuevas713    1,251

That place sucked anyways. The food was terrible and beer selection was even worse. What I hated most about the place was it had such a strong Austin vibe yet it tried so hard to cater to Houston and it just didn't feel like a Houston spot. 

• Like 1

nate4l1f3    495
3 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

That place sucked anyways. The food was terrible and beer selection was even worse. What I hated most about the place was it had such a strong Austin vibe yet it tried so hard to cater to Houston and it just didn't feel like a Houston spot. 

Man I actually thought the food was good especially considering it’s a bar.  I liked the fact that it was an actual sports bar.   Not a lot of those in montrose. 

• Like 1

j_cuevas713    1,251
On 1/12/2018 at 10:08 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Man I actually thought the food was good especially considering it’s a bar.  I liked the fact that it was an actual sports bar.   Not a lot of those in montrose. 

I def have to disagree. The food was average at best. And for a sports bar, Griffs (Grifs?) is the place to be in Montrose. Everytime I went to watch a Houston sports team that place seemed out of touch with what people wanted to see. One example is how all the TV's were on the Longhorn Network when a Texans game was on. That type of stuff. And you can't come close to comparing a solid sports bar like Christian's Tailgate to that place.

nate4l1f3    495
20 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I def have to disagree. The food was average at best. And for a sports bar, Griffs (Grifs?) is the place to be in Montrose. Everytime I went to watch a Houston sports team that place seemed out of touch with what people wanted to see. One example is how all the TV's were on the Longhorn Network when a Texans game was on. That type of stuff. And you can't come close to comparing a solid sports bar like Christian's Tailgate to that place.

I get what you mean, it’s al about the staff. The Christians Tailgate in DT is a classic example, it’s a wonderful space but the staff is HORRIBLE 

• Like 1