Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

A 50-story MF is more likely to be thinner than office, which I'm happy about. It helps give a different texture to the skyline, especially since office buildings have such big floor plates these days.

This seems like a great location to have hospitality in the mix too but MF is good enough.

Good point lockmat. The only downside I see is residential is shorter floor plates, so it won't be as tall as say a 50 story office tower. Heh.. Should still be over 600' though, even with a garage podium. And yeah, I too thought this would be a great location for a high end hotel & residences.. I guess time well tell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the 2Q Press Release

AmREIT has entered into a letter of intent with a regional multi-family developer to develop a 40-story, 356-unit residential tower with two stories of retail with respect to 1.58 acres at the northwest corner of Post Oak and San Felipe, known as The Courtyard at Post Oak. AmREIT is currently negotiating a joint venture with the developer as co-sponsors whereby we will seek an institutional equity partner. AmREIT will retain ownership of the 1.58 acres and ground lease the site to the anticipated venture. Total project costs are estimated be approximately $142 million and construction could begin within the next 12 months.

• Like 5

Well that one group of people were trying to stop it already and a few live in the Cosmo

I'm sure the developers of Cosmo had to of known that they weren't going to be the lone ranger for very long. I am sure that they did their homework and made sure to tell each new tenant that views aren't guaranteed for the duration of the lease agreement. 

• Like 1

I'm sure the developers of Cosmo had to of known that they weren't going to be the lone ranger for very long. I am sure that they did their homework and made sure to tell each new tenant that views aren't guaranteed for the duration of the lease agreement.

The Coso are condos, so it doesn't really matter if the developers knew. It's up to each individual owner to do their own due diligence before buying.

Well, you see, Al Jaffee's original design called for a giant fly to be squashed onto the side of the building... :P

I wasn't an architect when I first saw that cartoon; I believe I was still in junior high. As a current architect though, with my fair share of experience in the field, it is one of the funniest cartoons I have ever seen. Sometimes the poor contractor builds exactly what the architect drew and then gets blamed for not knowing better.  :blush:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/11/amreit-updates-development-plans-for-uptown-park/

1670 Post Oak: An agreement with Lynd Development to build a 40-story, 350-unit high-rise multifamily building above ground-floor retail. AmREIT would retain ownership of the land, 1.58 acres at the northwest corner of San Felipe and Post Oak Boulevard now known as the Courtyard at Post Oak. It would lease the land to the Lynd venture and also own an interest in the retail, parking garage and multi-family portion. The project cost is estimated at $146 million, and construction could begin within the next year.

• Like 2

It is a good to see they have a partner for this development. I suspect the "construction could begin" suggests this development will wait until some of the other highrises have been completed and at least somewhat leased out. 

This will be a nice addition to the Uptown Skyline when developed--although that may be a few years out.

Well, I'll take a number of 40-story developments. Five years ago, 40 stories would have had a real "wow" factor. Today, we've become spoiled and numb to them. The good news is that, after some of these (e.g. this tower, Hanover River Oaks, Market Square Tower), it just might take a 60-story development to get the same pop.

• Like 5

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/11/amreit-updates-development-plans-for-uptown-park/

1670 Post Oak: An agreement with Lynd Development to build a 40-story, 350-unit high-rise multifamily building above ground-floor retail. AmREIT would retain ownership of the land, 1.58 acres at the northwest corner of San Felipe and Post Oak Boulevard now known as the Courtyard at Post Oak. It would lease the land to the Lynd venture and also own an interest in the retail, parking garage and multi-family portion. The project cost is estimated at $146 million, and construction could begin within the next year.

That's great news. I was sitting at that traffic light yesterday, and can't believe how much it has changed this year. That will be a high profile location. I hope they do a handsome design.

Too bad txDot has screwed up the bus transit lane etc. The area really needs it.

Well, it's not in the "15 month" category, so that suggests it's higher up the priority list.

That said, this town is spitting out 40-story proposals right and left. I'm waiting for the first one that goes 60 stories.

heh.. I brought up this very same point in a thread a while back..

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/30698-residential-height-barrier/?fromsearch=1

• 3 months later...