Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

I might also say that the parking garage podium is probably one of the nicest solutions Ive seen. Talking about taking advantage of a negative and turning it into a positive. 

R. D. could learn something from this developer.

Also the north south placement of this building will fill a lot of skyline. It's going to make the cosmo look like something from the Jetsons. The Astoria has that same dated look.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ctaf said:

In the last picture, what is that giant parking lot next to the Astoria? Is something being built there, was it a staging area, or is it just a parking lot

I believe that is the old Rice supermarket lot and building. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

This is the correct answer! I was surprised it finally got knocked down...and yes they have been using it for workers of Post Oak Blvd etc from what i can tell...

who knows what it will be, but it's prime real estate that is for sure!

• Like 4

I was with friends at Whole Foods sitting at the picnic tables out front and from that view the Cosmo WILL totally be blocked from view it seems.... 

and @ekdrm2d1 thank you again for making Monday such a great day around here! :)

Edited by gene
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Skyboxdweller said:

It’s a beautiful day in the hood. 

67EB76FF-7D42-4381-A888-5548AE1335C4.jpeg

gorgeous blue Houston sky and why Fall Winter and Spring are Houston's best (comfortable) seasons.  Although, summer really ain't too shabby either, considering all there is to do at that time of year.  This building is going up quickly now.  I'm so happy to see it's progress.  thanks for the pic !

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gene said:

haha... this thread (and all of us) are mentioned in this article:

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/aspire-post-oak-is-on-the-rise-in-the-high-traffic-high-concentration-uptown-district-11388442

"Right next door to Aspire Post Oak (highlighted in yellow) is the Cosmpolitan, a 22-story high rise at 1600 Post Oak Boulevard. The building seems nice enough with its symmetrical design, but it's the boring white facade of the lower level parking garages that leaves much to be desired. So there were plenty of photos and shouts of hurrah on HAI's forum when the new construction finally obscured the Cosmo's parking garage."

As though "HAI" were some kind of meaningful entity apart from the forum. It's HAIF!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

all i know is that i cannot wait to see photos of the finished product and all the rooms/spaces etc! i keep saying it but it is true...this is my new favorite uptown (if not houston) building! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

Ok, I know my eyesight can fail me sometimes so don't crush me if Im wrong again, but if you look at the image from skyboxdweller, the street on the right side of the image is 

San Felipe, so we are looking east towards the project. Cosmo is on the left edge or north end , and 610 is in the background. Correct?

The initial floor that is being built right now, is the first actual floor of the tower. Correct?

Heres my point.

This new first floor of the building seems to angle off to the east or Post Oak Blvd. towards the North end and the Cosmo. It starts in the middle of the podium on the south San Felipe end and angles towards Post Oak Blvd at the north end closest to the Cosmo. 

Now if you go back to the top of this page and look at the renderings I posted you will notice that the rendering shows the building doing just the opposite.

It starts on the south or San Felipe end and angles off to the west at the Cosmo end, or away from Post Oak Blvd..

I know this sounds confusing but I think the rendering of this building is flipped backwards to its surroundings.

5m4v04yfsht31z0w.JPG?auto=compress,forma

I kinda get what you are saying...as it does look in the actual photo of the current state that the bend goes the opposite way but think it doesn't and it just appears that way due to how things seem laid out currently on the roof and the shadows that are happening...

as that north east corner will be the major part of the roof usage it seems...patio/outdoor space/pool perhaps etc (as shown above) so the curve should match the rendering going south east to north west...i think haha!

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

You are correct in terms of direction.  My apt will face the western elevation, and although I've seen the architectural plans for the other three directions, I've not come across the western one.  This building is complex, from the underground parking and podium structure supporting the pool, to the 7th floor garden/lounge areas surrounding the tower.  The pool is going to be on the San Felipe side.  The base was set about floor 6  1/2 and I can see them creating boxed areas for plantings and/or water features.  I believe the building both widens and gets taller as it moves from San Felipe to the Cosmo, and believe that they are angling the northern elevation so that the apartments do not look directly into the Cosmo.  In 10 days they should be done with the seventh floor and have much of the 8th floor formed and the mystery will be solved.  From then on the structure should rise much more quickly as the floor plates are much smaller than those of the base and no ramps or pools, etc. will need to be built.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, bobruss said:

Just to remind everyone how this building angles away from Post Oak above the podium. Great building.

Easily the most iconic tower on Post Oak after Williams Tower. One of the greatest additions to the city in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1