Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 0:40 PM, HoustonIsHome said:

In looks only.

Not really in feel. 

Too much car traffic.

Maybe if they ever get the Post Oak and University line running; continuous spacious side walks on both sides and well landscape.

Otherwise it will be nice to gaze upon from a far but not so pleasant to be out on.

Clean up Main street square, throw in some stores and restaurants and it will easily feel better than Post Oak. I know we all love Architecture on here but the most beautifully frosted cake may still taste like crap. 

Transit streets and "type A" street changes to Chapter 42 amendments went in place in 2009 that should, over time, result in positive results. You can't forcibly change that which already exists, but future development--which no doubt will be forthcoming en masse once the transit line is up and running--will change the streetscape in a pedestrian friendly way.

All of that surface parking on Post Oak Blvd should be looked upon as a blank canvas patiently awaiting an artist's brush strokes.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:46 AM, CaptainJilliams said:

tower 1.jpg

Considering this is an urban area destined for highrises, the Cosmo residents have very little to complaint about their view being blocked. This is a very accompanying design.

I give it two thumbs up.

2 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Is that supposed to be the Four Leaf Towers in the above rendering to the left?

Edit: I guess they're just joined together.

No that must be a future building for the site where the Rice grocery store once stood. The rendering is too accurate on the other buildings like the Bilitton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

From today

nNnHqxZ.jpg

YkEF2Jo.jpg

O0KcMPU.jpg

b5Q0JZz.jpg

wNFM4UP.jpg

UNebdNd.jpg

It's going to be a noisy 18 months at the Cosmo.  I lived there during the construction of the BHPBilliton tower. I left with audio hallucinations. 

It's going to be a noisy 18 mos for those living in the Cosmo.  I lived there during the construction of the BHP Billiton tower.  I left with audio hallucinations.

• Like 1