Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

Lets put it this way...some parkour ninja master could probably jump from one to the other...it is that close.

In fact I was surprised at how close...does someone have the exact feet as i would guess under 30? Maybe 20 or so it looks like but that could just be my eyes deceiving me...?!

(edited to say it even looks like it could be like 10 feet but is that even possible haha?! The excitement of the Cosmo being somewhat covered may be making me see things ;) )

(and edited again to say just looked at www.har.com ...the Cosmo has 7 units for sale and 8 units for rent. Definitely an increase as this new tower rises. AND a handful of sale and rent values have gone down as you can see on the site as well!)

https://www.har.com/search/dosearch?for_sale=1&streetaddress=1600+post+oak

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, astrohip said:

How close will this be to the Cosmo? I can't tell from this pic. Are they butt-cheek neighbors, or is there a small gap in-between?

We sold our home last year, and decided to go condo. In looking at all the choices, we were scared away from the Galleria area by the relative closeness of the buildings. We knew if a building didn't already have a next-door neighbor, it would in the next few years.

For example, we looked at the Wilshire, but knew something would be going up before long on the property due south. We looked at Astoria, same thing. It was challenging to find a mid-to-high-rise condo, in an area we liked, that wouldn't soon be smothered.

Yeah Randall Davis does a terrible job at picking property locations. The Cosmo should have been built on the corner where this building is going up. The Astoria should have been built on the other corner where the ATT store is now. I'm sure that property will be a highrise in a few years. Check out the west side of Highland Tower. That's a pretty low risk view.

Edited by richfish
Adding sentence
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, astrohip said:

How close will this be to the Cosmo? I can't tell from this pic. Are they butt-cheek neighbors, or is there a small gap in-between?

We sold our home last year, and decided to go condo. In looking at all the choices, we were scared away from the Galleria area by the relative closeness of the buildings. We knew if a building didn't already have a next-door neighbor, it would in the next few years.

For example, we looked at the Wilshire, but knew something would be going up before long on the property due south. We looked at Astoria, same thing. It was challenging to find a mid-to-high-rise condo, in an area we liked, that wouldn't soon be smothered.

Try southern end of Galleria area.  The Bristol, 3525 Sage, The Mark or that ugly building where I can't recall the name that is between Rice Ave and Sage  by the CVS. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fortune said:

Uptown is becoming more and more of a urban environment. Density is part of a urban environment. If your looking for views uptown is not the area for you.

Don't disagree. Just hard to get a handle on living that close to someone. To be 200 feet up, and be able to wave to someone 25 feet away 🙄.

I have a friend that just moved to Market Square condos (I may have the name slightly off). He's on the 40th floor, and even being downtown, he gets some pretty amazing views.

BTW, I appreciate all the feedback on buildings to look at if I want an unobstructed view. We already bought a condo. I was commenting on what we discovered during our search last summer. And as a relatively new member, I really enjoy the camaraderie shown by all here.

• Like 5

We have dreamed,  hoped and wished that Houston would become more urban like our big brothers New York, and Chicago.

Now I'm sure that in all major urban areas especially the two I mentioned there are hundreds of residential towers that are much closer together. We are just going to have to come to the realization that at some point views might vanish. Especially in high density growth areas like Uptown, or downtown.

• Like 7

I ventured to Post Oak Blvd and this tower will look great. San Felipe & Post Oak is turning into a real gem. It’ll get along great with the post modern and newer glass neighbors.

On a side note why are they painting every Italian stucco condo building & Uptown Park neutral colors in the galleria area? Makes them look worse. They went to Vegas, stayed at the Bellagio, watched “Under the Tuscan Sun”, I get it. But why destroy that idea with grey and white? 

• Like 3

On 10/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, Montrose1100 said:

I ventured to Post Oak Blvd and this tower will look great. San Felipe & Post Oak is turning into a real gem. It’ll get along great with the post modern and newer glass neighbors.

On a side note why are they painting every Italian stucco condo building & Uptown Park neutral colors in the galleria area? Makes them look worse. They went to Vegas, stayed at the Bellagio, watched “Under the Tuscan Sun”, I get it. But why destroy that idea with grey and white? 

I'll take grey's and whites over Beige...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Re: New Uptown color scheme: the beigery

I noticed this trend last year as wll. The Uptown park was repainted, as was the strip mall on the corner of Post Oak and San Felipe, and the Camden apt slab.  Out are the ochres, peaches and yellows , in with the greige and beige.  Not sure if this was coordinated or unconscious parallelism. 

• Like 2

Gene, don't forget that the actual tower that will sit on this podium curves off to the west heading north, leaving quite a bit more of the Davis tower visible on the east side.

The tower doesn't follow the podium all the way up . I think you'll still be able to see almost to the middle section of the Cosmo from this particular view.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Gene, don't forget that the actual tower that will sit on this podium curves off to the west heading north, leaving quite a bit more of the Davis tower visible on the east side.

The tower doesn't follow the podium all the way up . I think you'll still be able to see almost to the middle section of the Cosmo from this particular view.

That is good news! I just want everyone to be happy and it was such a fight to get this development even started! I LOVE this new building and cannot wait for it to be finished...

• Like 6

I really like this building. It's interesting to see in 7 years all of the changes in the surrounding area, shown in Luminaires, before and after pictures above. Not only in the boulevard changes, but the skyline and surroundings have really changed. It's gone from looking more suburban development to urban city scape.  Thanks for the before and afters Luminaire.

• Like 4

I think the shape of the tower is as courteous as possible to the Cosmo, while still making economic and aesthetic sense.  The pool/roof garden area is going to wrap around the western side of the building, with a pool  set in the corner of  San Felipe and the parking lot of adjacent strip center. Based on where the columns are being set and some of the renderings  that are available,  I think the tower is going to get wider as it moves back from San Felipe towards the Cosmo, and that the elevation facing the Cosmo is going to have angled corners to push the views out beyond the Cosmo. The tower stops about three columns in from the northern side of the podium.   They are framing and pouring the 6th level now , which is the last parking level.  In about 3 weeks the tower floors should be under construction. 

Edited by Skyboxdweller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skyboxdweller said:

I think the shape of the tower is as courteous as possible to the Cosmo, while still making economic and aesthetic sense.

RD should have anticipated an eventual high rise development just south of The Cosmo when he built it.  It was a no-brainer thing to have planned for.  Instead, he assumed The Cosmo would have unobstructed views straight down Post Oak indefinitely.  Not smart on his part or on the part of those that bought into The Cosmo.  I can’t feel very sorry for them.

• Like 1