Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

On 1/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, Twinsanity02 said:

My brother lived in both midtown and the upper east side of Manhattan for several years. Staring at other skyscrapers across the street is a common situation there. It is happening in some areas of Houston.

rear.PNG

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

It seriously is mind blowing how awful Randy’s garages are. At least he’s finally started incorporating (a tiny strip of) glass into them. That wall is so stark without the shopping strip in front of it.. can’t wait for this development to spruce up the view on Post Oak northbound.

• Like 3

They could always attach something to it...like some kind of metal grid or maybe even grow some dang vines on the base....But yeah...something...hopefully the new building sufficiently covers up most of that blank view...

• Like 1

I was driving by this after work with a friend visiting and they thought that the podium of Cosmo was going to be an outdoor movie screen haha! I wonder if they just painted it dark gray at least, then it wouldn't stand out as much...I mean something should be done to at least make it less "stark" you would think! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cloud713 said:

Has there ever been an official announcement for what this is? I hadn’t noticed if there was anything confirming it’s still the plan from September 2017.

Haha Right, maybe we are going to get Punk'ed. Residential Tower........gotcha its a Uhaul Storage facility!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, htownbro said:

Now if the McNair development at Post Oak and Richmond can get started...

I talked with someone who works for the McNair corporation and he said it is still definitely a go on the project. However he said they will have to modify the design slightly because of the land they had to sell to the city for the widening of Post Oak. Also when the hell is Post Oak going to be finished? I looks like its been 90% done for months now. 

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, jmitch94 said:

I talked with someone who works for the McNair corporation and he said it is still definitely a go on the project. However he said they will have to modify the design slightly because of the land they had to sell to the city for the widening of Post Oak. Also when the hell is Post Oak going to be finished? I looks like its been 90% done for months now. 

Awesome!

Also, less land = higher buildings, right? 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmitch94 said:

Especially since the work was supposed to be done by Nov 2018, then December 2018 then they said Early 2019 whatever that means...

I am ready for it to be done as well since I am on it every single day at one point! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

For any infrastructure project you typically finish the less intrusive portions. It looks 90% done because they did exactly this. The trouble child will be the intersection of Post Oak/Westheimer. This part is going to be a nightmare. Post Oak/ Richmond will also be a headache. Its been going along at a pretty good clip though. Landscaping also moves pretty fast, but its less noticeable because its putting things under and on the ground rather than building up, so it just looks like nothing is getting done, but believe me they are moving at a pretty good pace. Transportation projects almost never finish on schedule. This is typical.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Timoric said:

Pierce Elevated bonus, remember?

Its an incredibly tough job to do both estimating/scheduling, so I never envy the work a GC has to perform. They do the best they can with knowledge thats ever changing. Its not an exact science. I've never seen a job that is complete exactly when it plans to be completed. Just the nature of the business. Ultimately, these kinds of challenges (knowing that something is going to run off schedule) is if its worth the cost and headaches. The Pierce Elevated/ Rebuild will be an monumental effort both financially and sanity, but when we really look at it, what will the end product be? If its worth it then you put up and shut up and build away. Same with the Post Oak Rebuild. Same for ANY project. Is it worth it....yes....well then put up and shut up and carry on.

• Like 2