Mab

40-Story High-Rise Development at 1660 Post Oak Blvd.

I didn’t post photos, yet, but they’re punching holes for the fence posts. Also chopping down small tree limbs to make way.

This will be a chain link fence, I believe, for now.

6 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

From today

nNnHqxZ.jpg

YkEF2Jo.jpg

O0KcMPU.jpg

b5Q0JZz.jpg

wNFM4UP.jpg

UNebdNd.jpg

It's going to be a noisy 18 months at the Cosmo.  I lived there during the construction of the BHPBilliton tower. I left with audio hallucinations. 

It's going to be a noisy 18 mos for those living in the Cosmo.  I lived there during the construction of the BHP Billiton tower.  I left with audio hallucinations.

Demo pics from today

TaNjitS.jpg

Xh7HfSx.jpg

FMZWury.jpg

The pile with the skyline behind it might be my favorite out of the bunch :lol:

4OvCXcM.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richfish said:

What a beautiful sight to see that mattressfirm finally come down. 

Big box retail extinction in Uptown creates so many opportunities for a better sim city Houston West

• Like 1

Its a freaking Christmas Miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Santa really does exist!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Drove by today at lunch...it is indeed the most beautiful pile of trash i have ever seen!!! 

• Like 3

image.png.78806da690733d5ce3e914a717b241e5.png

image.png.ed9b26f41709434c22d866136d055b87.png

^^^ almost forgot what it should look like...

Edited by gclass
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

The real question now is if and when construction will start

I’ve been thinking this.

Hopefully they don’t sit on the land for years until they are fully funded.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, SkylineView said:

Rebar assembly on site already.  Boring truck too.  Not fooling around on this one.

haha! its almost like they are saying screw you Cosmopolitan...we are blocking your view ASAP after all the dumb crap you put us through!!!! 😂

• Like 1

What if that Whole Foods across the street got rid of all that parking in the front and paved it over to allow for easier access from the sidewalk? I hate those ugly ass bushes in the front. 

• Like 3

Made a new friend today! 

They’re currently flushing out a hole, or something similar so they can start the soldier piles. They’re going 60 feet underground?  Dirt retention for the next few weeks. 

The rebar at the site is for the dirt rention.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Made a new friend today! 

They’re currently flushing out a hole, or something similar so they can start the soldier piles. They’re going 60 feet underground?  Dirt retention for the next few weeks. 

The rebar at the site is for the dirt rention.

Sounds like this one is going up right now. No delay.

• Like 3

The update photos you are posting on this thread are my new favorite things on this site 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richfish said:

RIP to the views on the left 3/4s of the Cosmo. 

My brother lived in both midtown and the upper east side of Manhattan for several years. Staring at other skyscrapers across the street is a common situation there. It is happening in some areas of Houston.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, richfish said:

RIP to the views on the left 3/4s of the Cosmo. 

couldn't have happened to a nicer group of folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am excited about the ugly base/podium of the Cosmo being covered up! That was one of the dumbest designs ever... 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, gene said:

I am excited about the ugly base/podium of the Cosmo being covered up! That was one of the dumbest designs ever... 

. . . And, yet, it is repeated over and over again by RD!  He could take a note from Hanover, Hines, Caydon and Camden. . . all of whom seem to have no problem with design aesthetics.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, MarathonMan said:

. . . And, yet, it is repeated over and over again by RD!  He could take a note from Hanover, Hines, Caydon and Camden. . . all of whom seem to have no problem with design aesthetics.

haha!!! exactly! :)

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

KuylvLy.jpg

It's almost like the building is mooning you, it's so vulgar. RIP.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Whats so amazing is, it doesn't even look like its one and the same building.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, Twinsanity02 said:

My brother lived in both midtown and the upper east side of Manhattan for several years. Staring at other skyscrapers across the street is a common situation there. It is happening in some areas of Houston.

rear.PNG

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

It seriously is mind blowing how awful Randy’s garages are. At least he’s finally started incorporating (a tiny strip of) glass into them. That wall is so stark without the shopping strip in front of it.. can’t wait for this development to spruce up the view on Post Oak northbound.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cloud713 said:

It seriously is mind blowing how awful Randy’s garages are. At least he’s finally started incorporating (a tiny strip of) glass into them. That wall is so stark without the shopping strip in front of it.. can’t wait for this development to spruce up the view on Post Oak northbound.

I always wonder if he sells one could the new owner fix all that with a few smart changes, it seems like his buildings have good bones at the beginning but end up wearing a butterfly collar and bell bottoms by the end

Edited by Timoric
  • Haha 1

This one at least used to have some gray art murals on the side. They got taken off after the leaking or whatever issues and they resided the garage. Now its lost the little character it had.

Haha they were pretty bad and lazy. Not saynig I liked them but it wasn't this white wall. Either way RD has no idea what to do with garages. He's slowly improving. At least the new development on San Felipe will had Arabellas white wall on the east side.

• Like 3

They could always attach something to it...like some kind of metal grid or maybe even grow some dang vines on the base....But yeah...something...hopefully the new building sufficiently covers up most of that blank view...

• Like 1