Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

are we talking about this conceptual building?  It appears to be about 2 feet from the Cosmopolitan

A6MC09X.jpg

Won't happen, Parvizan or whatever the latest "Going Out Of Business is Good For Business" rug store is going in the Dessert Gallery/Maggie Rita's spot.

I doubt they would invest and sign a multi-year lease only to have their location be demolished for a tower.

Won't happen, Parvizan or whatever the latest "Going Out Of Business is Good For Business" rug store is going in the Dessert Gallery/Maggie Rita's spot.

I doubt they would invest and sign a multi-year lease only to have their location be demolished for a tower.

Do you have any reason to think  they signed a multi-year lease?  Doesn't Parvizian pretty typically go into short-term situations?

I don't get it? He is scared of traffic and he lives where? I don't think you can find a busier one mile radius in Texas than that one mile radius around post oak in Uptown.

If he was indeed worried about traffic he would promote more urban/ walkable building codes and push for more public transit like the brt he is fighting against.

• Like 2

^He is worried about how the traffic will hurt his ability to drive his Maserati willy-nilly around that area.  I agree, its ridiculous.  He does make a few valid points - namely the additional traffic added to the area.  However, that traffic is coming no matter a 2, 20, 40, 60 floor tower next door to the Cosmoplitun.

I don't see this site as a great location for a supertall (the one being discussed above).  In fact, I'd rather see some taller buildings clustered closer/on Richmond.

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 2

Do you have any reason to think  they signed a multi-year lease?  Doesn't Parvizian pretty typically go into short-term situations?

He likes to go out of business a lot if that is what you mean...

But not sure, he tends to linger around lately...I am indifferent about it all.

Not only that but the context of both threads at this point have conversations going two separate directions.

It will be an awkward merger.

I thought the other topic was more about the PAC.

Is there any indication that there are any residential condos being proposed, considered, or even thought of?  The only mention of condos was in relation to AmREIT's planned continued ownership of the lower (retail) levels of the development.

I would think residential condos are being considered. My point was that condo ownership of the retail would not necessarily preclude commercial or office use of the tower. AmREIT's proposed ownership structure might make residential condo development a bit more difficult, as Fannie Mae wants the residential unit owners to have sole control over the amenities for the condo project to meet Fannie Mae standards. If this were to be a residential development, these would likely be jumbo (non-Fannie Mae loans), so Fannie Mae guidelines would not have to be as strictly adhered to as in a lower-end development but my experience has been that secondary market investors (who purchase mortgage loans made from originating lenders) get leery when a condo declaration strays too far from the Fannie Mae guidelines.

Of course, all this Fannie Mae talk is moot if this will be an office or commercial tower. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could be quite drastic!  The company making the offer for AmReit is a grocery/lifestyle center developer out of Jacksonville, Fl.  Unless they're looking to start doing some bigger developments then this will probably scale things back considerably.  I'll doubt much more will happen to Uptown Park than something like Boulevard Place (not that that would not be a big improvement).  Though I'll admit an HEB there - would suck.