Mab

39-Story High-Rise Development at 1660 Post Oak Blvd.

I like this one from their marketing brochure "The Views from the 7th level and above are just spectacular.  We really don't have any obstruction to the Downtown skyline".

Surely people are smart enough to understand that the ATT store / Bancorp just east of this site is going to be redeveloped....?  There will be a 30+ story blocking most of those sweet downtown views within the next 10 years.  (And for the record I have ZERO intel for this post, just an opinion based on the underutilization of the subject property).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tangledwoods said:

I like this one from their marketing brochure "The Views from the 7th level and above are just spectacular.  We really don't have any obstruction to the Downtown skyline".

Surely people are smart enough to understand that the ATT store / Bancorp just east of this site is going to be redeveloped....?  There will be a 30+ story blocking most of those sweet downtown views within the next 10 years.  (And for the record I have ZERO intel for this post, just an opinion based on the underutilization of the subject property).

I was thinking the same thing lol

• Like 1

ok, place your bets... I have $5 on Randall Davis buying the plot at the NW corner of Post Oak and San Felipe and building something ugly and tall just to block Aspire's views of downtown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

ok, place your bets... I have $5 on Randall Davis buying the plot at the NW corner of Post Oak and San Felipe and building something ugly and tall just to block Aspire's views of downtown.

I'll build off of that bet and guess that he will build a massive 30 story building comprised of a 20 story parking garage pedestal made of cinder blocks...

• Haha 6

Come on guys, leave Randall alone. Its not his fault he was born without taste. Its a very terrible, serious condition!

• Haha 2

just thank the lord we dont have a developer here in town that loves gold and puts very large signs up with his last name on them.

I will take Randall "the EIFS / Stucco queen" Davis over some others any day of the week!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

I think you mean the NE corner (Aspire is on the NW corner), but yeah, scary thought. That corner is primo and will surely be developed with an Aspire view-of-DT-blocking tower some day! Let's hope nothing designed by the Davis father-daughter combo! They're adding their blight to River Oaks now with the Paramount, another gaudy, retro piece of crap on a pedestal.

"just thank the lord we dont have a developer here in town that loves gold and puts very large signs up with his last name on them. I will take Randall "the EIFS / Stucco queen" Davis over some others any day of the week!!!"

At least that unnamed developer you allude to leaves most of the gold on the inside. Some of his buildings aren't bad from the outside, like the famous one on 56th and 5th, but by his interior design taste, you'd think he fancies himself an 18th century French queen! Who knows how he dresses up once he's alone in the "His" bedroom at night!

Edited by InTheLoopFromNYC
Forgot to quote OP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, InTheLoopFromNYC said:

At least that unnamed developer you allude to leaves most of the gold on the inside. Some of his buildings aren't bad from the outside, like the famous one on 56th and 5th, but by his interior design taste, you'd think he fancies himself an 18th century French queen! Who knows how he dresses up once he's alone in the "His" bedroom at night!

Good lord man, he deserves to be made fun of, not murdered! He (might) have a wife and kids, have mercy! Someone call a burn center . . . 🤣

Edited by HouTXRanger
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, asubrt said:

Sadly I’m moving so this is the last photo I’ll be able to post from this vantage point. It’s been a joy getting to watch this one rise, along with several others completed ones in this photo over the last few years. 

194D5C8B-9369-4849-904F-4B847A2FBC6C.jpeg

I honestly had to do a double-take on what forum I was in when I looked at this photo.  The density of buildings in the frame (especially in the left side) almost made me think we were in an Asian city (KL, Bangkok, etc.).

And then I noticed that (1) those were clouds and not smog and (2) good'ol Randall Davis' Astoria which anchored me back in Houston!

• Like 8

was at Whole Foods today for lunch and saw they are beginning work on the 37th floor! 2 more to go!!!

• Like 8

Talking to a friend of mine at Dinerstein, and asked him about this project. He said, among other things, that they plan a Q3 2021 opening.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

9C5314FC-2DB0-4DBF-97E7-34207027D26C.jpeg

Eventually, that corner (assuming you were referring to the North East corner with the AT&T store) WILL be developed, and it will have to be something tall to justify the cost.  Anyone buying an east-facing view in Aspire had better beware...what comes around goes around!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

9C5314FC-2DB0-4DBF-97E7-34207027D26C.jpeg

brilliant! 🤣

i am excited about the ground floor Denny's and Radio Shack!!! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4