Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

12 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

... and the moral of the story is...

if you sell the units in a building based on the view, BUY THE LOT NEXT DOOR, TOO so the view can be there forever... LOL

And donate it to the city for "green space", get a tax write off for the donation, and then charge 20% for the units because of the park right outside the front door

• Like 2

So the McDonalds that resisted the coming of the Astoria got wiped away, after all?

On 2/6/2019 at 2:08 PM, jmitch94 said:

I talked with someone who works for the McNair corporation and he said it is still definitely a go on the project. However he said they will have to modify the design slightly because of the land they had to sell to the city for the widening of Post Oak. Also when the hell is Post Oak going to be finished? I looks like its been 90% done for months now. 

So it's the Interstate 85 of Uptown?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobruss said:

If you look at the rendering it seems like the tower will be very narrow on the side that faces the Cosmo, so I don't think it will affect all of the Cosmo condos views.

but most of the south west side...so more than half of the building... from the looks of this rendering:

u9pzskvyyvnvkn8z.JPG?auto=compress,forma

• Like 3

Well,  since they left the Cosmo out of the rendering its really hard to tell. I just was looking at the elevation view of the south end of the new tower and it just seemed very narrow and I thought that might not block as much of the Cosmo, if it had been a wider building.

I hope it blocks the Cosmo from view. I was just suggesting that more of those residents might not have their view blocked because of the design. 

For sure it will block that hideous base.

2 minutes ago, richfish said:

Tragic. 

• Like 1

the cosmo IS in the rendering...that is it directly behind the new building...they did a bad job representing it but that looks to be it just to the right of the building showing just a 1/3 of it. 

• Like 1