Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

I'm really failing to understand how the BRT is going to work. It looks like, at least northbound on Post Oak at the San Felipe intersection, the bus lane will be sharing the second left turning lane onto San Felipe with regular traffic. I thought the BRT was supposed to be completely separated with signal priority? There are also other points along the route that make it seem like the bus lane and the regular traffic lanes will merge. If so, this is going to be a total cluster

• Like 2

Yeah I am confused by all that as well... It looks to be a one lane situation at one point...I cant remember exactly where...maybe it was at Guilford Ct that i noticed that? or the next block...

but yep, we shall see how many crazy people get hit once it's done! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

I cant find the appropriate thread that I once posted in so sorry for the semi-hijack but what in the heck is going on with this piece of land?! as the entrance to supposed "newest and grandest blvd in the nation", it sure is an eye sore! I thought for sure that at least Tillman wold have picked this up by now since its just adjacent to his empire! 

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18926724/755-Post-Oak-Blvd-Houston-TX

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gene said:

I cant find the appropriate thread that I once posted in so sorry for the semi-hijack but what in the heck is going on with this piece of land?! as the entrance to supposed "newest and grandest blvd in the nation", it sure is an eye sore! I thought for sure that at least Tillman wold have picked this up by now since its just adjacent to his empire! 

I have no idea what is going on with that piece of land, but that seems like a low bar for "eyesore". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gene said:

I can always create a thread for you in the West Loop forum.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Sounds like Monarch/gclass...

I've been wondering if they are one in the same.

On the topic at hand, I think this will be a fantastic building to anchor this side of the blvd with Williams Tower doing so on the other side.

• Like 4

How long ago was it that all we ever got was negative thoughts about Houston's planning or lack of zoning.

Isn't it nice to now be regarded as having this kind of potential.

It just goes to show you what can be done when the right people make some big decisions. 

I'm really excited about this project and hope it will spur more ell planned public realm projects that make our lives more enjoyable!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Luminare said:

I've been wondering if they are one in the same.

On the topic at hand, I think this will be a fantastic building to anchor this side of the blvd with Williams Tower doing so on the other side.

My thoughts exactly. Now what we need is some high rise development on the east side of Post Oak, seems like the majority is on the west side. 

• Like 4

WhooohoooOooOooooo! I get excited every time i see an update on this thread! I rode my bike past here saturday early morning and there were tons of workers on site...man they are truly dedicated to getting this up as fast as possible! 

• Like 1