1-Million Square Feet Mixed-Use Development

Urbannizer

Can someone identify the developer with the information given? This project is over 1M+ square feet, I hope it follows through as planned.

Our client is a very active real estate investment company with a $2 Billion portfolio of office, retail, multifamily and mixed-use properties. They are a developer/owner/operator and are actively growing through acquisitions and new development. They have retained Morrow & Associates to help them find a Vice President of development to run a 1M+ sq. ft. mixed-use project in one of Houston's hottest sub-markets. The project is currently in the beginning stages and will include high-rise office, high-rise condo and 75,000 sq.ft of retail space.

http://www.morrowassociates.com/vice-president-of-development-houston-tx/

Would be nice if someone can throw out more on this.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Major area retailers include: Tiffany & Co., Grill on the Alley, Brooks Brothers, Thomas Pink, Vilebrequin, Madewell, Intermix, Sephora, Borelli, Apple and Nike.

• Houston boasts a population of over 5 million and the per capita income is 18% above the U.S. Average.

• More fortune 500 companies call Houston home than any other city in the country. Additionally, The World’s Largest Medical Center and energy firms account for hundreds of thousands of job opportunities

This has got to be an older project... The information is invalid, the major area retailers are a couple miles away (Highland Village, the Galleria), and the 5 million population figure. That and we don't have more fortune 500 companies than any other city. I don't think we ever have!

Edit: I meant to say older rendering of the project.

No it definitely doesn't.. This seems to have grown a good bit in size, and the office component may be a new addition.

How many square feet is River Oaks District, and how many acres is that site?

to answer my own question now that im back at a computer... River Oaks District is 650,000 sq ft on 14 acres of land. This development is said to be over 1 million sq ft, on just one city block. now i dont think Kirby is going to get a 40-50 story mixed use tower, but i could see it getting separate office and condo towers about half that height on a retail podium probably not too unlike the old renderings.

This has got to be an older project... The information is invalid, the major area retailers are a couple miles away (Highland Village, the Galleria), and the 5 million population figure. That and we don't have more fortune 500 companies than any other city. I don't think we ever have!

Edit: I meant to say older rendering of the project.

Unless there is a Thomas Pink opening up in this new project... They only have one at the Dallas Galleria. Did one exist and then close? I couldn't find anything online. Same with Grill on the Alley...

Edit: it's odd, half of the places they listed are in or by the Dallas Galleria.

I agree. The Upper Kirby area is arguably the "center" of Houston.

I don't know; with all the growth in the west (Memorial, Westchase, Energy Corridor, North Belt...) I would say the center of town is being pulled further west, I think it's closer to Uptown.

The core of Houston is between Downtown and uptown, along 59/69

The port of Houston is on the east, and no matter how many buildings are built along i10, that fact will balance out the city.

Upper Kirby is truly a core. I think it will boom even more than it is now. Definitely excited to see it grow!

Oh, lol. I was thinking that meant it as not the main market. Well that's interesting. They said "one of Houston's hottest submarkets".. Downtown still has residential initiatives going on, and soon to be retail incentives (damn, imagine a developer getting double incentives).. Office market is kind of built out for a few years though with the upcoming towers, unless they have a tenant lined up.

I'm thinking uptown but I wouldn't be surprised if this went somewhere like westheimer (the plot between mid lane and high street?), midtown (btw are we sure this isn't talking about regent square, finally starting up?), or upper Kirby.

Maybe it's katyville (that rice company that's sellin their land)?

Edit: I'm speculating about the other project, not this one on Kirby

I still think it could be the Energy Corridor. There are no condos there yet, but there could be demand, especially if they had easy access to Terry Hershey park.

could it be another development weve already heard about, thats plans have expanded? i noticed these stats in the new mixed use development planned for Montrose thread.. the retail was what caught my eye (it says 75,000 sq ft in the PDF, not sure where the extra 500 came from). maybe they decided to go with a bigger hotel and/or more office/residential?

"

• 250 residential units
  • 100,000 sq ft of office space
  • 50 hotel rooms
  • 75,500 sq ft of retail space
http://www.slideshare.net/ColinKillian/about-pmrg

</p>

"

Archived