lockmat

The Kirby Collection by Thor Equities

Does anyone have the name of any high-end retailers and/or restaurants slated to open in this development other than the aforementioned Pinstripes bowling/restaurant concept on the 2nd floor? The spaces have great street visibility however I have heard from several high-end furniture showrooms that contacted the leasing people that they don't return phone calls which is very odd.??????

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DevelopmentX said:

Does anyone have the name of any high-end retailers and/or restaurants slated to open in this development other than the aforementioned Pinstripes bowling/restaurant concept on the 2nd floor? The spaces have great street visibility however I have heard from several high-end furniture showrooms that contacted the leasing people that they don't return phone calls which is very odd.??????

https://www.thorequities.com/portfolio/kirby-collection

Their website only shows Pinstripes so far.

• Like 3

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/01/03/luxury-mixed-use-in-upper-kirby-signs-boutique.html

Kirby Collection, a new luxury mixed-use development in Upper Kirby, is adding three more retail tenants.

New York-based developer Thor Equities announced Jan. 3 that A Ma Maniére, Great W’Kana Café and Atelier Isabelle Rose recently signed leases. Austin Knief and George Stanchfield of Thor Equities represented the landlord, Thor, in all three transactions.

A Ma Maniére, a boutique from Atlanta, will take 2,200 square feet for its first Houston store. The company offers luxury streetware and footwear brands, including Adidas, Alexander Wang, Off-White, Puma and Raf Simons, according to Thor Equities’ press release. Jerald Vascoe represented A Ma Maniére in the lease. 

Chef Sunil Srivastava is moving his Great W’Kana Café into 2,960 square feet at Kirby Collection. The modern contemporary Indian restaurant currently is near the Energy Corridor at 13346 Briar Forest Drive. Daniel Feigelson of Newform Real Estate represented Great W’Kana.

Atelier Isabelle Rose, a high-end hair salon, will occupy 3,855 square feet and was represented by Sam Sheff of Sheff Properties. 

• Like 6

Also update on the Houston location of Pinstripes going in the Kirby Collection:

The first retail tenant announced was Pinstripes, a dining and entertainment venue that will occupy 33,830 square feet when it opens in the Kirby Collection in June 2018. It will be the first Houston location for Pinstripes, which features bowling, bocce ball and other activities. The location also will have outdoor fire pits and a bistro serving Italian and American cuisine.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/01/03/luxury-mixed-use-in-upper-kirby-signs-boutique.html

• Like 4

Went to CAVO Coffee in the Regions Bank building at Greenway Plaza. I walked to the top floor of the parking garage and looked at the view

ll9Gcr9.jpg

t19MW6z.jpg

3Ac8vur.jpg

CAVO coffee was good. The interior made me think of a Portland coffee shop. I wanted to go back soon!  Figured I'd check out their River Oaks District location the next day

0s50qVs.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, hindesky said:

The blue looks gorgeous, this pic doesn't do it justice. I wonder what it looks like at night?

sphFEpP.jpg

I saw it at night and it looked awesome. Really something unique in this city. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Avossos said:

I was just telling my friend how cool these were! This made the development IMO

It really did! This place uses every square foot efficiently. 

• Like 3

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/02/13/exclusive-russian-energy-co-inks-lease-in-new.html

The Kirby Collection, a 1 million-square-foot mixed-use development that recently delivered in Upper Kirby, will be home to the U.S. affiliate of a Russian energy trading corporation.

Moscow-based Lukoil signed a lease for 5,900 square feet in the Kirby Collection's 13-story, 186,000-square-foot Class A office building, a source close to the deal confirmed to the Houston Business Journal. Lukoil will occupy the building's ninth floor and is expected to relocate in May.

It's unclear if this will be Lukoil's second Houston office, or if it'll be relocating from its current space in 3 Greenway Plaza. Lukoil didn't return a request for comment. In November, the company issued a request for proposals from vendors for workstations, private office furniture, break room furniture and conference rooms for a new Houston office.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

A rooftop bar is under construction at The Kirby Collection, 3200 Kirby Dr in Houston. The name, Verandah.

Which roof?  (residential tower; office tower; low-rise retail building?)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

A rooftop bar is under construction at The Kirby Collection, 3200 Kirby Dr in Houston. The name, Verandah.

I'm there!

Wonder if they will serve "designer" beer such as juicy hazy IPAs and barrel aged imperial stouts :lol:

• Like 1

This may be the best looking new building in Houston. I'd love to see something like this, only taller, in downtown. It would really break up the monotony of the grey and greyish blue glass buildings downtown.

Edited by shasta
  • Like 6

Upper Kirby skyline is growing. Hanover is going to look great!

YyqyF9o.jpg

Edited by ekdrm2d1

3 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Upper Kirby skyline is growing. Hanover is going to look great!

YyqyF9o.jpg

Be competitive with Greenway Plaza soon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timoric said:

Be competitive with Greenway Plaza soon

Isn't this area and Greenway Plaza approximately 1.5 miles apart?  May meet in the not too distant future. The way potential midtown developments ( three Aussie and 3300 Main and many more I hope) may soon visually connect downtown to the Med Center. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Moderators said:

You rather see guys with beer bellies

instead :rolleyes:lol.

We deserve some respect! This is Upper Kirby, it should be rich guys with beer bellys flirting with beautiful girls. That’s how Brassiere 19 stays in business. :)

5 minutes ago, jgriff said:

We deserve some respect! This is Upper Kirby, it should be rich guys with beer bellys flirting with beautiful girls. That’s how Brassiere 19 stays in business. :)

Preaching to the choir here jgriff ! lol

On 4/3/2018 at 1:10 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Photos or details of the build out?

Maybe I too can laugh and smile over drinks at the top of Kirby Collection :lol:

Ha!

Youre right! Good catch. Saved that photo to show a friend. Camera roll indicates September 14th, so indeed a few weeks ago...

On 1/3/2018 at 4:44 PM, Urbannizer said:

Chef Sunil Srivastava is moving his Great W’Kana Café into 2,960 square feet at Kirby Collection. The modern contemporary Indian restaurant currently is near the Energy Corridor at 13346 Briar Forest Drive. Daniel Feigelson of Newform Real Estate represented Great W’Kana.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:10 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

On 4/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, Houston19514 said:

Which roof?  (residential tower; office tower; low-rise retail building?)

On 4/4/2018 at 10:26 AM, Twitter1 said:

I'm there!

Wonder if they will serve "designer" beer such as juicy hazy IPAs and barrel aged imperial stouts :lol:

Verandah will be an Indian restaurant not a bar at The Kirby Collection, 3200 Kirby.

From Houston Press:

Verandah Progressive Indian Restaurant, 3200 Kirby, is expected to open in November, before Thanksgiving. The new restaurant comes from Sunil Srivastava and wife Anupama, who also own and operate Great W'Kana or W'Kana Express (it seems to go by both monikers) on Briar Forest which has been listed as one of Alison Cook's Top 100 Restaurants for the Houston Chronicle since 2011. It's on the list again for 2018. Cook recommends the Nargisi kofta curry (lotus-root dumplings) here in the Chronicle.

The word veranda has its origins in India and is a place for family and friends to gather in an outdoor covered area.

The spacious restaurant will have a contemporary, full service bar with an accompanying bar menu. There will be a semi-private space for a Chef's Table, as well as a glassed-in semi-private room for special events. The kitchen will be separated by glass from the dining room, allowing a peek at the action while eliminating the noise and heat.

Diners can expect an array of kebabs that Srivastava is known for such as the plantain kebab that delivers a rich, buttery flavor from the banana-like fruit. There is also Galouti, which is a spicy minced-meat kebab. For vegetarians, there is the Arti kebab, or the Annaj Ki Galouti, made of barley and wheat germ. Srivasatava also plans seasonal specialties and a Chef's Tasting Menu.

In addition to a daily lunch and dinner service, Verandah will also welcome weekend late risers for Saturday and Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

https://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/things-to-do-shun-japanese-and-georgia-james-open-10934556

Skyline view from Holcombe.  That part of Kirby though! 2727 Kirby, Kirby Collection, and now Hanover River Oaks.  I should retake this photo once the Hanover gets taller

FtqEcfw.jpg

Season has changed so now I get to see this lit up while leaving work.  Here's one view from Buffalo Speedway.  I'd like to get another "night shot" from the garage at work

Dzp7StP.jpg

They "are" having drinks on the roof top as apart of a holiday celebration.

uByud6e.jpg

Kirby Collection is excited to host @deckthehops on December 4th! Join us on the rooftop terrace from 6:30 to 9:00pm for holiday cheer and some tasty local craft beer! RSVP:

www.deckthehops.com

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqtKFOYgelJ/

Update on Pinstripes located in The Kirby Collection in Houston.

From Houston Business Journal today:

Pinstripes, the first retail tenant announced for the Kirby Collection, is finally expected to open this November.

...Pinstripes mixes an Italian-American restaurant with bocce ball and bowling lanes. The Houston location will include 13 bowling lanes and six indoor and outdoor bocce courts. it will be available to host a variety of events — everything from weddings to bar mitzvahs — and can accommodate up to 1,000 people across the restaurant and entertainment spaces.

More: https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/04/30/massive-restaurant-entertainment-venue-to-open-in.html

• Like 3