I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this one. I feel it either isn't going to happen, or will be severly scaled down, sort of like BLVD place. I hope I'm wrong though, I really like this.

Jesus man we hardly know anything about this and already with the negative nancy routine. What, are the other 500 projects going up not enough?

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 6

I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this one. I feel it either isn't going to happen, or will be severly scaled down, sort of like BLVD place. I hope I'm wrong though, I really like this.

That's so random. I don't have that feeling AT ALL!

That's so random. I don't have that feeling AT ALL!

I could understand that vibe, but I would say it's too early to have a "confident vibe." I think it's because we're unfamiliar with the developer and it actually looks very nice and it's not the usual Houston design, which is a good thing. Many have had their hopes brought down with similar renderings.

But this area is hot, so that might actually bring some confidence.

• Like 1

I'm not completely convinced by the glass sail on the rectilinear building.

I also wonder what the tent...thing? will actually be made out of. In the rendering it appears to be made of light.

That being said, I do think this is a positive development for upper Kirby.

• Like 1

I could understand that vibe, but I would say it's too early to have a "confident vibe." I think it's because we're unfamiliar with the developer and it actually looks very nice and it's not the usual Houston design, which is a good thing. Many have had their hopes brought down with similar renderings.

But this area is hot, so that might actually bring some confidence.

You're right, I think I get that vibe bc I'm not familiar with the developer - and the developer does not have much experience with the Houston market, I think. But also because the design is a bit superfluous (not in a bad way), like it would be too expensive to build and turn a profit. I don't know, it's just a feeling. But like I said, I really like it and I hope I'm wrong.