Apparently the permit department is way behind. Not sure if that is the source of the delay here but I have seen several projects that had been announced take a long time to get through permitting.

They've been backlogged for a while, which is why they've got contract people in the office trying to work on the backlog.

Perhaps it's being constructed in phases. I can't help you with the cost analysis but when I spoke with my source he said it was definitely moving forward and was going to be an exciting development.

I figure it is, I don't doubt that, I just don't seenow a project this big is only $20 million. I've seen road projects that only go a couple miles at a total cost of $15 million. I'm pretty sure this is only a fraction of what's actually being built, as in maybe this $20 million is just for site work/ water, sanitary, and drainage?

I have no knowledge of the permitting process and since this is a fairly large project, and we know it has to cost a lot more tun 20 mil this is probably site work infrastructure and maybe the first phase. It is happening though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

City Map is slightly correct. The Neighborhood Map is just dead wrong lol. Why is it so hard to get small details like this right?

ehhhh... Richmond, Westheimer... what's the diff?

At least they didn't call it "West Heimer" (which I've seen).  :mellow:

These numbers just don't sound right for the entire price of the structure. I really wish someone with knowledge of this process could enlighten us as to what the "$x-million" covers. Maybe a certain engineer from Purdue?...

It might be a lump sum contract for engineering and planning. Then the bigger price tag comes later in another lump sump or T&M. 

Seems cheap, but hard to guess. Maybe they have some super awesome building techniques. 

Edit: sorry for the month late reply. Sometimes I miss my name mentioned in the threads. 

Edited by Purdueenginerd

• 5 weeks later...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=7130138&postcount=20

The developer, Thor Equities is beginning a short run of utility construction on the north side of Colquitt between Kirby and Lake early next week.

The minor project will take four weeks to complete and will allow overhead utilities to be removed along the Colquitt side.

• Like 1

Well if I'm reading it correctly, they're buring power lines, which means they have to wait for Centerpoint (or whatever power company) to get out there and bury the lines and those guys are notoriously slow

Anything involving utilities is incredibly slow.

I was at Permitting last week and saw rolls and rolls of plans with the name "Kirby Collection" scrolled on them piled up in the waiting room. They must have had a dozen expeditors running around to different depts..

Permitting is even slower!

They removed all the fencing and have quite a few work trucks on the site today.

Yep I saw them out there this morning! They have a small digger on site as well. They must be starting utility work per what Urbannizer said.

• Like 1

Yep I saw them out there this morning! They have a small digger on site as well. They must be starting utility work per what Urbannizer said.

The Upper Kirby traffic alert said Colquitt will be closed west of Kirby while they bury the utilities for this project starting Monday. I'm stoked about how Kirby will look when these buildings are built. Too bad the Picos and Office Depot etc didn't get smashed in this last boom.

The Upper Kirby traffic alert said Colquitt will be closed west of Kirby while they bury the utilities for this project starting Monday. I'm stoked about how Kirby will look when these buildings are built. Too bad the Picos and Office Depot etc didn't get smashed in this last boom.

While I agree about those businesses, I don't think they are a horrendous eyesore. I do agree I wish the Pico's was another midrise or highrise. It would def add to the density of the area. I would rather see that little plaza where Taco Cabana is at be transformed in to a more open, urban park area. 

Edited by j_cuevas713