Smoothie King At 3205 Montrose Blvd.

Naviguessor

Noticed today in the Swamplot Demolition report that 3205 Montrose (Smoothie Kingdome) is to to be overthrown.  This lot combined with the ex Ruggles site (cleared) and the former condom store/some furnature place (vacated) would make a nice sized plot.  Has this been discussed, or is there any info out there on this? 

Im ready for this corner to be nice. It is, and has been, unfortunate looking for some time. Ucchi is nice. Alladin on the corner, connected to Ucchi is ugly. On the West Side it is the ruined art deco building - which will some day be redone, and then there is the Valero... This intersection needs help!

BTW - if someone is demoing it, someone is paying for it. And it is not cheap. I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt already a plan for this space, since Ruggles is gone too.

Noticed today in the Swamplot Demolition report that 3205 Montrose (Smoothie Kingdome) is to to be overthrown.  This lot combined with the ex Ruggles site (cleared) and the former condom store/some furnature place (vacated) would make a nice sized plot.  Has this been discussed, or is there any info out there on this? 

Ruggles Grill space is going to be FM 903, a restaurant from Ryan Hildebrand, chef/owner of Triniti. I don't know if the Smoothie King lot will be used for this project too.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/10-23-13-long-delayed-restaurant-finally-on-track-to-open-major-chefs-project-isnt-dead-after-all/

Edit: Smoothie King has a Westheimer address. 3205 Montrose would be that small building next to it. Long live the Smoothie King.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt Smoothie King is coming down, but you can expect something nice to be developed next to it. I was surprised to see a lot of these small structures had become vacant. Does anyone also know whats going on in the shopping center across from Valero where the 1/2 Price Books is at, if anything?

I doubt Smoothie King is coming down, but you can expect something nice to be developed next to it. I was surprised to see a lot of these small structures had become vacant. Does anyone also know whats going on in the shopping center across from Valero where the 1/2 Price Books is at, if anything?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/10679-westheimer-and-montrose/?hl=+half%20+price%20+books

I know Ryan Hildebrand is putting a new restaurant/bakery on the property that was Ruggles-- I wonder if the demolition of these small storefronts might be used for access (There is only access to new restaurant on Westheimer at present-- not sure if the alley access is an option) or  perhaps additional parking for the new restaurant?

• The title was changed to Southeast Corner Of Montrose Blvd. And Westheimer Rd.
  • The title was changed to Smoothie King At 3205 Montrose Blvd.

Archived