Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

SkyHouse River Oaks

i can see anadarko from uptown on a clear day.

Ditto from downtown.

ugh.. why cant anyone that works for Anadarko be a HAIFer, and/or why cant any of them do photography for a hobby and post photos of Houston from their office? heh.. imagine a panorama of Houston from the Anadarko towers.. San Jacinto Monument on the far left left (might be too skinny to see?), and the Energy Corridor to the far right.. with all the skylines and high-rises in between. obviously there arent really high-rises on the east side of town, but id imagine the refineries have a small presence on the skyline?

there are photos of Dallas from downtown Ft Worth that are really cool/show practically all of the high-rises in the city, and its really neat. plus the awe of the city being 30 miles away in the photo is pretty cool, so ive always wished someone would take similar photos of Houston from Anadarko (about the same distance from downtown as Ft Worth is from Dallas).

Edited by cloud713

also sorry about the OT post, but, I know that from the 60th floor observation deck at the TCT, you can see the power plant off of 762 near Rosenberg that's 25.5 miles away

Hi, Jack   :)

I can see that power plant from my office building near Uptown Park, as well as Anadarko to the north, and the refineries to the east.  Today was another clear day, very good viewing.

Edited by ArchFan

I've been out of town... but is it possible they raised the crane a bit?  It looks taller to me this weekend.

I thought the same thing...it does look a little higher up.

That said, "out of town" is no excuse for the lack of pictures we've all been patiently waiting for from this past weekend. ;)

Edited by por favor gracias
  • Like 2

wow!  i just cannot believe it.  incredible.  not to mention, very well constructed as well.  props cloud713!

• Like 1

Sorry for no updates.  Lots of life stuff.  Also I moved, so no more top-down updates on Astoria / 4 Oaks.

That said, lots of good stuff breaking the tree line.

IMG_2181_zps9cbad047.jpg

• Like 3

Is that target here to stay? That's some valuable land...

Agreed. It's a great location for a 40-50 floor Ritz.

The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences River Oaks.

• Like 1

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

i am openly praying that houston's next ritz carlton shall end up downtown.

upon my view, the central location as per the los angeles ritz carlton, infused with it's downtown l.a. live concept... is right in the mix of all pertinent activity.

with the superbowl forthcoming, this same location concept, would do wonders for houston's reputation...

Edited by monarch
  • Like 1

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

upon my view, the central location as per the los angeles ritz carlton, infused with it's downtown l.a. live concept... is right in the mix of all pertinent activity.

with the superbowl forthcoming, this same location concept, would do wonders for houston's reputation...

I have to agree that a downtown Ritz Carlton will also be great. When the Ritz finally decides on what to do, Houston will probably end up with 3...downtown, uptown and The Woodlands. Atlanta has 3.

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

I have to agree that a downtown Ritz Carlton will also be great. When the Ritz finally decides on what to do, Houston will probably end up with 3...downtown, uptown and The Woodlands. Atlanta has 3.

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

Atlanta has two in the city. One in Buckhead and one downtown. Where is the 3rd? Are you including Reynolds Plantation? 75 miles from the metroplex? Having lived there for over a decade, Atlantans would not really consider that "Atlanta"... Not by a stretch. Where's the 3rd?

Edited by UtterlyUrban

Atlanta has two in the city. One in Buckhead and one downtown. Where is the 3rd? Are you including Reynolds Plantation? 75 miles from the metroplex? Having lived there for over a decade, Atlantans would not really consider that "Atlanta"... Not by a stretch. Where's the 3rd?

http://atlanta.curbed.com/archives/2013/08/19/novare-confident-third-skyhouse-will-fly-in-atlanta.php

I apologize, I thought that the poster to which I was responding was commenting on Ritz Carltons in Atlanta not skyhouses. Sure seemed that way even when I re-read it.

I admittedly didn't even read his or her post. :P  I just saw the title of the thread and happened to be looking at Skyhouse in Atlanta at the time and saw you were asking for the third location of a project. Put two and two together and thought you meant a third Skyhouse.

Does anyone know if this one will have ground floor retail like the others?

will that area support ground floor retail?