I wonder why they chose River Oaks over uptown? Im not opposed to it, in fact I'm looking forward to watching a couple high rises rise simultaneously in river oaks (2229 San Felipe and this one), it just seems like uptown is by far the more popular destination, with access (at least it will have access in the near future) to mass transit.

So where do people think this one is going? San Felipe as well, near 2229 and the Huntington? Or on Kirby or Westheimer? Either way I don't see much available property without them tearing down an existing home or business first.

• Like 1

Is it going to look like the one downtown? I hope they at least change the appearance.

As far as I know there are only two Skyhouse designs.. The one built in downtown with the boxy roof, and the one Austin and Dallas are getting with the airplane hangar roof. It would be refreshing to get a different design but I doubt Novaire bothers coming up with a fresh new design for River Oaks.

• Like 1

^^ Ya know that's right! Wasn't the River Oaks Oppostion foretelling of Highrises up and down Shepherd, in some type of visual? What if?

Yep, high rises lining San Felipe and Shepherd... Maybe one of these properties is where Skyhouse will go..

http://swamplot.com/if-hines-builds-that-17-story-tower-on-san-felipe-everyones-gonna-wanna-build-one/2013-08-16/

• Like 1

honestly i hope this one ends up on kirby and not san felipe/shepherd. kirby is already built to handle denser projects such as this and one can easily envision it being flanked by highrises and midrises in the not too distant future.

san felipe and especially shepherd need another highrise like i need another hole in my head. this is where smart development is critical.

• Like 3

I hear it'll be near the Loop on San Felipe, near that new "River Oaks" shopping district.

Interesting... There aren't really any parcels of land in that area fit for a high rise besides maybe the shopping center on the north east side of 610/San Felipe, or the shopping center on San Felipe and E Briar Hollow Ln. Unless (purely speculation..) this is one of the residential components for the new Westcreek development...

• Like 1

Ahh.. So it most likely will be part of the Westcreek development. Should this be moved to that thread then? It's a shame they are going to take up half a block with a parking garage though.. Why can't they build the tower on top of the garage? I was hoping for Westcreek to be densely packed high rises, not half parking garages..

And as commenter Joe mentioned in the comments section, traffic will only get worse for that area.. Which brings me back to my San Felipe/Westcreek/Bettis streetcar route idea I had connecting all the developments between BLVD Place and Highland Village.. I wish someone could make that happen...

• Like 1

Site work and new construction of a multi-residential building in Houston. Completed working plans call for the new construction of an approximately 335,000-square-foot, 25-story, 352-unit multi-residential building with an associated stand-alone precast parking deck with 7 levels and approximately 450 spaces.
  • Like 2