The Menil Collection At 1533 Sul Ross St.

Pardon my ignorance, I know MF is short for Multi-Family, what is BTS?

Build To Suit.

MF is also what people in houses call the multi family developments being built across the fence  <_<.

• Like 2

The Confidential "Build to Suit" inside the West Loop is the Amegy HQ. I am curious as to what Hines is building just outside of the Loop.

Getting back to topic, this project wouldn't take the place of the Richmont Square apartments owned by the Menil, would it? The location looks close to those apartments, and I think the northern bank of the same was demolished for the Menil drawing institute (see below).

http://swamplot.com/menil-drawing-new-drawing-institute-onto-back-third-of-richmont-square/2013-11-04/

If the Menil were to commission a new MF complex, I'd be surprised if it were a highrise. The Menils preferred to keep the residential character of the neighborhood.

Of course, if this is not related to the Menil, a highrise would not be out of the question.

So how do we know this is a high rise rather than a 6-8 story midrise? Granted Swtsig probably already confirmed but had to edit his post for confidentiality reasons. Either way I'm sure Hines has a lot more in the pipeline as well. Based on Bisnow's development summit, it sounds like developers are going to try to squeeze 2-3 more years out of this boom.

So how do we know this is a high rise rather than a 6-8 story midrise? Granted Swtsig probably already confirmed but had to edit his post for confidentiality reasons. Either way I'm sure Hines has a lot more in the pipeline as well. Based on Bisnow's development summit, it sounds like developers are going to try to squeeze 2-3 more years out of this boom.

This boom may last alot longer than that. If the US economy is pushing up, we may ride that... which would mean the Houston boom would be that + 4 years

My thoughts exactly. Does anybody have any specifics? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
from the planning commission:

Phase 1 of redevelopment includes the construction of five new facilities, thirteen demolitions, and additional parking at the Main Car Parking Lot, as shown in Table 1. Both multi apartments at Colquitt & Mandell and Richmond & Mandell are assumed to have gated residential parking; therefore, they are being studied separately. Richmont Square Apartments is scheduled to be demolished in two phases, with the north portion being first. After

Richmont Square has been demolished, West Main Street will be extended to Yupon Street and assumed to follow the same configuration as the existing roadway segment.  

10429294_627415758230_464852687784951174

10628545_627415763220_557964042854359214

10626499_627415753240_657786581484018031

• Like 2

Fantastic stuff!!! This will really start to pull this area together. With the museum, parks, bungalows, and now some good size mid-rises to frame the different areas this area will quickly have a very unique identity....something of course is lacking in many areas of this city. I'll hold off my judgement on what the actual architecture is for these developments, but I'm hopeful that with the Menil name it could potentially drawn some bigger name architects into play.

So their goal here is to have a campus-like situation? They are adding a second park? I'm confused what phase that is - but if I'm reading correctly, he north section of Richmond square apartments looks to be a new park.

Also, the apartments... They are building apartments as a money generator I assume - but how does this fit into their mission statement?

from the planning commission:

Phase 1 of redevelopment includes the construction of five new facilities, thirteen demolitions, and additional parking at the Main Car Parking Lot, as shown in Table 1. Both multi apartments at Colquitt & Mandell and Richmond & Mandell are assumed to have gated residential parking; therefore, they are being studied separately. Richmont Square Apartments is scheduled to be demolished in two phases, with the north portion being first. After
Richmont Square has been demolished, West Main Street will be extended to Yupon Street and assumed to follow the same configuration as the existing roadway segment.  

10429294_627415758230_464852687784951174

everything looks great! my only concern is the lack of connectivity between the original Menil structure and the new part of the campus. the Drawing Institute and Energy House seem to cut it in half.