Jump to content
MaxConcrete

High Speed Rail / Texas Triangle

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, ADCS said:

I read that Buc-ee's was funding much of the opposition to the line. Can anyone verify or debunk this?

I saw that on the r/Houston post about this. Would be very interesting and would make sense, but they have so many stores among other highways that I'd be still be surprised if they were funding the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that Southwest was a major part of the opposition to the original Texas Triangle line in the 90s.  That at least makes sense - but why would Buc-ee's object to this?  There's only one between here and Dallas, and 2 between here and College station.  Do those 3 stores generate such a lion share of revenue that they would block a train line?  I'd imagine they would still get a lot of business at those three stores even if the HSR is super successful - family trips, truckers, and moving in/out of college would all still be trafficking 290 and 45, and a bunch of people would still drive themselves instead of take the train.

 

Of course, maybe Texas Central should approach Buc-ee's and to make a deal - the midpoint station can be branded as a Buc-ee's and only incidentally be a train station.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cspwal said:

I read somewhere that Southwest was a major part of the opposition to the original Texas Triangle line in the 90s.  That at least makes sense - but why would Buc-ee's object to this?  There's only one between here and Dallas, and 2 between here and College station.  Do those 3 stores generate such a lion share of revenue that they would block a train line?  I'd imagine they would still get a lot of business at those three stores even if the HSR is super successful - family trips, truckers, and moving in/out of college would all still be trafficking 290 and 45, and a bunch of people would still drive themselves instead of take the train.

 

Of course, maybe Texas Central should approach Buc-ee's and to make a deal - the midpoint station can be branded as a Buc-ee's and only incidentally be a train station.

By the time this train finally gets running we'll have self-driving cars thanks to Elon Musk's Tesla, trains that travel 700+ mph thanks to Elon Musk's hyperloop, congestion alleviation thanks to Elon Musk's The Boring Company, and frankly Houstonians could travel to Mars on one of Elon Musk's Space X rockets rather than go to Dallas anyhow--Mr. Musk is who Buc-ee's should really be scared of.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Buc-ee's is thinking of the long term plan; when (if, I guess) this line is built it should eventually expand to other cities, which would cut into their profits? 

 

As a side note, I'd join the TAHSR group if the stations are branded by Buc-ee's tbh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

By the time this train finally gets running we'll have self-driving cars thanks to Elon Musk's Tesla, trains that travel 700+ mph thanks to Elon Musk's hyperloop, congestion alleviation thanks to Elon Musk's The Boring Company, and frankly Houstonians could travel to Mars on one of Elon Musk's Space X rockets rather than go to Dallas anyhow--Mr. Musk is who Buc-ee's should really be scared of.

 I wouldn't even be that mad tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a judge issued a default summary judgement stating Texas Centra is indeed a railroad company...as if that Catch-22 argument would ever hold up.

Edited by BigFootsSocks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2017 at 11:58 AM, ADCS said:

I read that Buc-ee's was funding much of the opposition to the line. Can anyone verify or debunk this?

 

I find this hard to believe... Beaver lives in the same neighborhood that my parents live in. He's not that rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Irving-based Fluor Enterprises and the Lane Construction Corp. have been chosen to operate the high-speed rail line that will carry travelers between Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston, developer Texas Central Partners said Monday."

 

"Lane Construction is a subsidiary of the Italian construction and civil engineering company Salini Impregilo. Fluor is a multinational engineering and construction firm. " 

 

 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/08/14/fluor-enterprises-lane-construction-track-design-build-texas-proposed-bullet-train

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/08/17/texas-central-partners-inks-deal-with-city-of.html

 



The city of Houston and Texas Central Partners have confirmed the general site for the Bayou City’s passenger station for the proposed high-speed train between Houston and Dallas.

 

The city and company signed an agreement Aug. 17 to plan the economic development of the bullet train together, according to a press release.

 

The terminal will be built somewhere south of U.S. 290, west of Loop 610 and north of Interstate 10 to allow for easy access for employment centers at the Galleria, Texas Medical Center, Energy Corridor and downtown, according to the release.

 

Texas Central signed a memorandum of understanding that affirmed the terminal will have a “high level of integration with local transit systems,” including “convenient, efficient and direct access for passengers to and from local transit systems,” per the release.

 

Per the agreement, Texas Central has committed to recruiting Houston employees to construct, maintain and operate the train. The company estimates the project will create 10,000 jobs per year during the construction phase, which is expected to begin in late 2018 or early 2019 and finish in 2023.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope that a “high level of integration with local transit systems” means that it will be connected to the light rail and thus connected to downtown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will connect to the Northwest Transit Center. I assume the station location is vague because they haven't finalized the land purchase yet? Kind of an odd statement but at least we're getting closer to construction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in favor of a Northwest Mall terminus as long as it also connects to MetroRail, Uptown BRT and a Park & Ride Transit Center (maybe relocate NW Transit Center here). And since this site is connected to 2 major freeways (and Katy nearby), maybe this could become our regional intermodal transit station with Amtrak & Greyhound services integrated.

 

It would also be nice if this regional intermodal transit station lead to additional mixed use development on the site too. 

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tigereye said:

I'm in favor of a Northwest Mall terminus as long as it also connects to MetroRail, Uptown BRT and a Park & Ride Transit Center (maybe relocate NW Transit Center here). And since this site is connected to 2 major freeways (and Katy nearby), maybe this could become our regional intermodal transit station with Amtrak & Greyhound services integrated.

 

 

Amtrak is a smart play. If the developers are smart they should partner with Amtrak and have them be co-tenants of the station. Maybe even help with overall capital costs of the station. The sunset limited runs right through NW mall so it could be a major improvement over the "station" that Amtrak has on Washington street. Once you have Amtrak on board, then it will start to feel more like a hub.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  It'd be much better if the site were consolidated with other transportation, like Greyhound and other buses and Amtrak.  Much better to have everything in one place.  Unfortunately, I don't think the Sunset route makes it all the way up to NW Mall.  Also it being a private endeavor would likely complicate things with Amtrak.  Maybe Greyhound can move their operations there eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tigereye said:

I'm in favor of a Northwest Mall terminus as long as it also connects to MetroRail, Uptown BRT and a Park & Ride Transit Center (maybe relocate NW Transit Center here). And since this site is connected to 2 major freeways (and Katy nearby), maybe this could become our regional intermodal transit station with Amtrak & Greyhound services integrated.

 

It would also be nice if this regional intermodal transit station lead to additional mixed use development on the site too. 

 

You can count on there being mixed use development.  Real estate development at the stations is an integral part of the plan.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mfastx said:

I agree.  It'd be much better if the site were consolidated with other transportation, like Greyhound and other buses and Amtrak.  Much better to have everything in one place.  Unfortunately, I don't think the Sunset route makes it all the way up to NW Mall.  Also it being a private endeavor would likely complicate things with Amtrak.  Maybe Greyhound can move their operations there eventually. 

 

The sunset limited runs up along 90A and then through the inner loop on the tracks that go past Higland village and through Memorial Park, and then it turns down the Washington ave corridor.  They could probably reroute to the NW mall location, but it would be out of the way some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 102IAHexpress said:

 

Amtrak is a smart play. If the developers are smart they should partner with Amtrak and have them be co-tenants of the station. Maybe even help with overall capital costs of the station. The sunset limited runs right through NW mall so it could be a major improvement over the "station" that Amtrak has on Washington street. Once you have Amtrak on board, then it will start to feel more like a hub.

 

It would be great to have a consolidated multi-modal transportation hub.  But honestly, Amtrak is pretty much irrelevant.  They run all of one train three days a week in each direction.  On those days when a train arrives in Houston, we average about 62 passengers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd imagine METRO replacing the NWTC with a multimodal center at NW Mall would be part and parcel of the project, a way of Texas Central reducing its buildout costs and using public funding without taking any direct subsidies.

 

And Amtrak isn't the biggest concern with creating a new station there - you'd have to be sure UPRR were on board with any interference to their trackage in the area. I'm not sure Amtrak would want, or be able to build its own passenger siding at the site.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cspwal said:

 

The sunset limited runs up along 90A and then through the inner loop on the tracks that go past Higland village and through Memorial Park, and then it turns down the Washington ave corridor.  They could probably reroute to the NW mall location, but it would be out of the way some

 

Yup, they could just back up on the wye after making the turn instead of continuing to downtown.  Probably won't happen but it's a neat idea, and certainly would be an upgrade over the existing Amshack. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the proposed Houston station gets built as planned, would this be the only inter city train hub in the US without an Amtrak connection? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Brightline railroad opens in Florida, both the Miami station and the Orlando station won't have Amtrak connections.  Orlando and Miami both currently have Amtrak service, but the new Brightline stations will be in different spots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, cspwal said:

When the Brightline railroad opens in Florida, both the Miami station and the Orlando station won't have Amtrak connections.  Orlando and Miami both currently have Amtrak service, but the new Brightline stations will be in different spots

 

Understood. Yeah, Miami has a central station called Miami Airport Station with Amtrak service and Florida Tri-Rail service. Also, Orlando's Orlando Station has Amtrak service and Florida SunRail service. The new Brightline service would stop at separate stations.

 

So my question is for anyone who may know the answer, if this NW Mall station gets built as planned, would Houston be the only city in the US with more than one inter city line, yet not have at least one station where you could connect to a separate inter-city line? 

 

It seems like this would be like having two separate airports in the same city, however each airport having only one airline that flies only one route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I don't know the answer to the question.  But I'm pretty sure no one really cares.  As already mentioned, Amtrak is an irrelevancy -- about 62 passengers 6 times a week.  Plus the Texas Eagle and TCR customer bases are probably almost mutually exclusive, especially when looking at the same journey.  Rather than go to the expense of moving either Amtrak service or TCR service so they can be at the same station, it would be probably be more cost-effective to provide the occasional connecting passenger with private helicopter service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having an elevated bullet train out of Houston probably would help right now - could do multiple runs to evacuate people in just a day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DEIS is massive and I've been sifting through it to try to find items of interest.

  • The recommended alignment (alternative A) between Houston and Dallas is the westernmost alignment (not the Interstate 45 alignment). I'm glad to see that recommendation.
  • Alternative A is 234.4 miles long with 21 miles at grade level, 77.4 miles on embankment and 135.9 miles on viaduct. This high percentage of viaduct (58%) is surprising to me and will surely be expensive. (Reference document 1 ES 9.2)
  • Document 2 has depictions of the structure along the route, including the Houston area
  • Document 31 has travel times. Initial service would be at 186 MPH, with a travel time of 86 minutes including the Brazos Valley stop. Future upgrades to 205 MPH would provide a travel time of 80 minutes. The track curves are designed to support 205 MPH on the full length.

Details of the viaduct design in Houston are in document 34.

 

The elevated structure normally has a vertical clearance between the ground and its lower edge of around 30 feet. The structure thickness is around 12 feet, and the catenary poles are 13m (43 feet) for a total typical height of around 85 feet.

 

Starting at the Houston station

  • If the Houston station is at the Katy Transit center, it may be difficult or impractical to ever extend the train into downtown Houston due to a needed sharp turn and proximity to Memorial Park.
  • From Loop 610 to Gessner, the viaduct uses the south side of the Hempstead Road right of way (along the north edge of the Union Pacific right-of-way), using about 35 feet for the column positioning. The elevated structure does not infringe into the Union Pacific right-of-way. To maintain the current lanes on Hempstead Road, extra pavement will need to be added on the north side of the road.
  • The viaduct crosses over to the south side of the Union Pacific railroad west of Gessner, and then goes underneath Beltway 8, touching ground level. It goes back to viaduct immediately after going under BW 8.
  • West of BW 8, The alignment is on the south edge of the Union Pacific right-of-way
  • West of FM 529, the viaduct is at a higher elevation with a ground clearance around 42 feet.
  • Ground clearance increases to about 60 feet at SH 6. Total height is around 60 + 12  + 43= 115 feet
  • Ground clearance returns to typical after SH 6, but is somewhat higher at Telge (40 feet) and Barker Cypress (55 feet)
  • The track veers away from the Union Pacific/US 290 corridor at Fry Road, and the viaduct ends just west of Fry Road where the track returns to ground level for a while until it goes over SH 99 (Grand Parkway). After the Grand Parkway crossing it goes back to ground level until going back onto a long viaduct to cross Hempstead Road and US 290.

The rail viaduct generally uses right-of-way that was slated for the proposed Hempstead Toll Road. So if the Hempstead Tollway is built, its right-of-way is pushed further north inside BW 8, and further south outside BW 8. This will surely increase property displacements and cost, but it is hard to say if the impact is minor or major. The Northwest Mall station location may be incompatible with the preliminary design for the Hempstead Tollway. Another difficult spot will be around Beltway 8, where the toll road would need to cross over the rail line. Overall, I think the high speed rail project will make the Hempstead Toll Road more difficult and expensive to build, and therefore less likely to be built.

 

290-freeway.jpg

hempstead.jpg

Edited by MaxConcrete
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MaxConcrete said:

The rail viaduct generally uses right-of-way that was slated for the proposed Hempstead Toll Road. So if the Hempstead Tollway is built, its right-of-way is pushed further north inside BW 8, and further south outside BW 8. This will surely increase property displacements and cost, but it is hard to say if the impact is minor or major. The Northwest Mall station location may be incompatible with the preliminary design for the Hempstead Tollway. Another difficult spot will be around Beltway 8, where the toll road would need to cross over the rail line. Overall, I think the high speed rail project will make the Hempstead Toll Road more difficult and expensive to build, and therefore less likely to be built.

 

How likely is the Hempstead Toll Road to be built?  It seems like the direction is pointing in co-located tollroads (e.g. Katy Tollway, whatever the new HOV lanes are going to be on 290)

Besides, I suspect more people are going to be able to go up and down a HSR line than a tollroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cspwal said:

 

How likely is the Hempstead Toll Road to be built?  It seems like the direction is pointing in co-located tollroads (e.g. Katy Tollway, whatever the new HOV lanes are going to be on 290)

Besides, I suspect more people are going to be able to go up and down a HSR line than a tollroad

 

The Hempstead Toll Road was planned at the same time of the Northwest Freeway widening. I think there's even the appropriate connections built into the HOT lanes to allow for a connection (at least the last plans I saw, but we know those change sometimes, like the original plan to make a five-stack at Grand Parkway and Northwest Freeway). It involved ROW takeover, like it would alter the intersection where Mangum, Hempstead, and 18th all intersect with each other.

 

I also see according to that rendering there's no overpasses or anything, it's all elevated. I seem to remember in this thread that TCR would build overpasses/underpasses for their tracks as well as the freight traffic. Guess not, but I didn't expect much out of TCR anyway, and I still suspect that this is all some sort of plan to manipulate taxpayers somehow for a profit as the economics from the last study haven't really changed in terms of how many people they need to do daily to turn a profit. (I expect that I'll receive notifications for replies telling me how wrong I am)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cspwal said:

 

How likely is the Hempstead Toll Road to be built?  It seems like the direction is pointing in co-located tollroads (e.g. Katy Tollway, whatever the new HOV lanes are going to be on 290)

Besides, I suspect more people are going to be able to go up and down a HSR line than a tollroad

The official HGAC document updated in January 2017 says


"Please note, this revised interim lane configuration [on US 290] does not alter the ultimate improvements proposed for the corridor, which include construction of a 4-lane managed lane roadway along Hempstead Rd to accommodate high-occupancy and toll users. Implementation of the ultimate project scope, as documented in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) and Record of Decision(ROD), continues to be proposed within the 2040 RTP and is anticipated to be open to traffic by the 2035 milestone year."

 

The HGAC long term project listing and corridor overview both show the project, with very different costs, $1.1 billion on the corridor page and $2.7 billion on the project listing, which appears to be year-of-expenditure inflated cost.

 

Whether it actually gets built will depend on numerous factors: if Texas Central is built (which makes the toll road more costly and less likely), the amount of congestion on US 290, the availability of a funding sponsor (HCTRA is probably not interested, private funding would be the best chance or maybe TxDOT depending on the political climate), and whether any high-capacity transit is planned or built in the corridor.

 

So what are the chances it gets built? It's really difficult to predict. Definitely not a sure thing. I would say 50-50 chance it gets built by 2035.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MaxConcrete said:

The official HGAC document updated in January 2017 says


"Please note, this revised interim lane configuration [on US 290] does not alter the ultimate improvements proposed for the corridor, which include construction of a 4-lane managed lane roadway along Hempstead Rd to accommodate high-occupancy and toll users. Implementation of the ultimate project scope, as documented in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) and Record of Decision(ROD), continues to be proposed within the 2040 RTP and is anticipated to be open to traffic by the 2035 milestone year."

 

The HGAC long term project listing and corridor overview both show the project, with very different costs, $1.1 billion on the corridor page and $2.7 billion on the project listing, which appears to be year-of-expenditure inflated cost.

 

Whether it actually gets built will depend on numerous factors: if Texas Central is built (which makes the toll road more costly and less likely), the amount of congestion on US 290, the availability of a funding sponsor (HCTRA is probably not interested, private funding would be the best chance or maybe TxDOT depending on the political climate), and whether any high-capacity transit is planned or built in the corridor.

 

So what are the chances it gets built? It's really difficult to predict. Definitely not a sure thing. I would say 50-50 chance it gets built by 2035.

Oh yeah, that was the thing I remember, that the Hempstead Tollway project did account for a "high speed transit" corridor. In fact, I also remember that they condemned more ROW for the 290/610 project than they needed for that very thing (and a judge made them pay back the difference).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about all of the north/south thoroughfaes across 290 in Cypress west of Fry rd like Mueschke, Mason, Bauer, etc that have yet to be built? If the train goes at grade at that point, then it'll be a lot more cost prohibitive to get those done. What about that new neighborhood that was supposed to be going in south of 290 across from Fairfield between Mueschke@290 & Mason&290?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, curbur said:

What about all of the north/south thoroughfaes across 290 in Cypress west of Fry rd like Mueschke, Mason, Bauer, etc that have yet to be built? If the train goes at grade at that point, then it'll be a lot more cost prohibitive to get those done. What about that new neighborhood that was supposed to be going in south of 290 across from Fairfield between Mueschke@290 & Mason&290?

 

The train will be on elevated viaduct all the way out to Hockley, judging by the renderings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 10:03 AM, ADCS said:

 

The train will be on elevated viaduct all the way out to Hockley, judging by the renderings.

Okay well I suppose that could suffice, but if I'm not mistake another poster just stated the renderings show the viaduct returns to ground level shortly after Fry Rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, maybe we'll get lucky and developers will stop building on greenfields and focus on the all the vacant land we still have in the city. 

 

Edited by Texasota
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texasota said:

Eh, maybe we'll get lucky and developers will stop building on greenfields and focus on the all the vacant land we still have in the city. 

 

 

Or Roan's prairie will get hundreds of expansive ranch houses for people commuting into both Houston and Dallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Texasota said:

Eh, maybe we'll get lucky and developers will stop building on greenfields and focus on the all the vacant land we still have in the city. 

 

The big developers won't look at the vacant land, because it's not in parcels big enough to fit their suburban development model that is based on 1000 acre+ developments. A lot of the vacant land is also tied up with clouded titles and by owners who don't feel like selling. Other parcels require some sort of remediation to clean up the crap left behind over 100+ years of industrial use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Texasota said:

Eh, maybe we'll get lucky and developers will stop building on greenfields and focus on the all the vacant land we still have in the city. 

 

 

Well Dunham Pointe is already slated for development just west of Fry Rd on that open patch of land in between Cypress Creek and 290. The residential will between Mueschke & Mason with accompanying commercial outside the perimeter. I wonder how Archie Dunham feels about this new rail line going right through his land that he planned on putting nice upper middle class homes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the first planning commission agendas that Dunham’s project appeared on and the staff’s recommendation was to consult with TCR and their plans, so I’m sure they’re very aware the train’s path.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 9:04 AM, Ross said:

The big developers won't look at the vacant land, because it's not in parcels big enough to fit their suburban development model that is based on 1000 acre+ developments. A lot of the vacant land is also tied up with clouded titles and by owners who don't feel like selling. Other parcels require some sort of remediation to clean up the crap left behind over 100+ years of industrial use.

 

Very true. Most development is about making empty land as expensive as possible. That's where the money is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOW TO COMMENT ON THE DEIS AND ATTEND PUBLIC MEETINGS

The 60-day public comment period that began with December 22nd's notice in the Federal Register provides an important opportunity for the public to review and provide input to the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) on the Texas Bullet Train’s route and low-impact designs. Texas Central looks forward to continuing to hear from landowners and other stakeholders at the FRA’s upcoming meetings and informally as we are working every day in the community.

You can review all DEIS-related documents and provide comments to the FRA directly at this link: https://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0779

Comments may also be provided orally or in writing at the public hearings scheduled on January 29, 30, 31 and February 5 and 6, 2018 in 10 counties at the times and dates listed below. Before the public hearing presentation begins, an open house will be held to allow for comments, questions and review of project exhibits. FRA and TCR staff will be available to answer questions at that time.

We look forward to seeing you at these meetings!

 

Dallas County
Monday, January 29, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Wilmer-Hutchins High School
5520 Langdon Rd, Dallas, TX 75241

 

Navarro County
Monday, January 29, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Corsicana Middle School
4101 FM 744, Corsicana, TX 75110

 

Ellis County 
Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Ennis High School
2301 Ensign Rd, Ennis, TX 75119

 

Leon County
Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Leon High School
12168 US 79, Jewett, TX 75846

 

Limestone County
Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Mexia High School
1120 N Ross Ave, Mexia, TX 76667

 

Freestone County
Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Fairfield High School
630 Post Rd, Fairfield, TX 75840

 

Madison County
Monday, February 5, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Madisonville High School
811a S May St, Madisonville, TX 77864

 

Harris County
Monday, February 5, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. 
Woodard Elementary School
17501 Cypress North Houston Rd, Cypress, TX 77433

 

Grimes County
Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. 
Navasota Middle School
1 Rattler Dr, Navasota, TX 77868

 

Waller County
Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. 
Waller High School
20950 Fields Store Rd, Waller, TX 77484

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, BigFootsSocks said:

Really hope there’s a good turn out for the meetings in Houston. The opposition is turning into full on fear mongering

 

Depends on if the opposition movement is just online complaining or real people that actively participate in opposition. If that were the case then the train wouldn't have gotten this far. This project has so much momentum at this point, and has bypassed the loudest voices that it should be ok. The remaining opposition is now people that simply dismiss it because...reasons. Seems TCR have done a good job brokering with the proper power players, securing the proper means to financing, meeting with real people that might have issues, and finding out what will actually work. I have yet to see anything from them that spells "pipe dream" unlike passed instances.

 

Have they posted when they will have meetings in Houston? Would like to join the next time they are in town.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for sure it’s a lot online, but never underestimate the power of an orchestrated online social media persuasion attack ;)

 

But most of the articles, and Dug Begely’s from the chron have propped up the oppositions claims (maybe because he knows he has to cater to a certain audience) and the quotes from the people in the middle counties are some valid concerns and others just crazy. 

 

I think houstons is February 5th

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will sell monthly passes for trips C.S. -> Houston for people who want to move out there but still work in Houston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...