Okay so I was told not to share the rendering right now (sorry guys), but I can share information on this. Chelsea Montrose is a 303-unit, 20-story high-rise. It reminds me of The Museum Tower (no, not the one in Dallas), so most of you will think it's average. The high-rise will be approx. ~250' ft tall.

There are still a few hurdles to get through, but construction crews should be on-site next month and demolition should begin in Feb/March. This project will take 2 - 2 1/2 years to complete. I dunno if the residents nearby know anything about this, but the developer says they will do everything they can to minimize the inconveniences of construction to the community.

• Like 4

Okay so I was told not to share the rendering right now (sorry guys), but I can share information on this. Chelsea Montrose is a 303-unit, 20-story high-rise. It reminds me of The Museum Tower (no, not the one in Dallas), so most of you will think it's average. The high-rise will be approx. ~250' ft tall.

There are still a few hurdles to get through, but construction crews should be on-site next month and demolition should begin in Feb/March. This project will take 2 - 2 1/2 years to complete. I dunno if the residents nearby know anything about this, but the developer says they will do everything they can to minimize the inconveniences of construction to the community.

Sounds like a very aesthetic block.

This will really work synergistically with other properties to enhance the urban atmosphere of that part of Chelsea street. Residents will probably forego taking their car anywhere as they are drawn to the fresh air and the neighborhood that hums below them. All the residential towers going up near Montrose are poised to coalesce into something visionary and truly paradigm-shiftingshattering for Houston. We live in an exciting time.

The odd part is the pool on the north side. The views will be great but it could be in the shade most of the time.

They're using the garage as a buffer to set the apartments back from the freeway.  My first thought on seeing this was that being so close to 59 would be terribly noisy.  Freeways produce a huge amount of ambient noise.  

• Like 2

Pool on the north side? Doesn't the rendering show the pool on the ground level on the southeast corner?

I'm on my phone so the picture is kind of small but that does look like a pool or at least a large water feature down there doesn't it? Considering there is no roof on the garage/podium (kind of odd to be looking down on a parking lot full of cars, and no I'm not talking about the parking lot that is 59 during rush hour) I'm not sure where else the pool would go, but you would of thought they'd put it on top of the podium with a downtown view..

So if I'm reading the rendering correctly this will not be directly on Montrose but behind the Chelsea mixed use development where Dantons is. This will be to the East of that center? Is this correct, and yes it does appear to show the pool on the southeast corner on the ground floor. Not above the garage. So its not next to the Museum towers but a little northeast of that building.

It will definitely add to the cluster of museum/ Herman park/ lower midtown, highrises along with the addition of the Southmore by Hines on Caroline and the Hanover Montrose tower. I'm not even including the 42 story on and off twisting tower planned for Herman drive. This will really start to fill in the area between the med center and downtown. Now when they start adding a few towers in Midtown that have been talked about the gaps will start going away between D.T. and the Med center. Pretty exciting.

• Like 3

It will definitely add to the cluster of museum/ Herman park/ lower midtown, highrises along with the addition of the Southmore by Hines on Caroline and the Hanover Montrose tower. I'm not even including the 42 story on and off twisting tower planned for Herman drive. This will really start to fill in the area between the med center and downtown. Now when they start adding a few towers in Midtown that have been talked about the gaps will start going away between D.T. and the Med center. Pretty exciting.

haha, another fellow skyline aficionado. 

and wow. that is definitely the pool on the ground level on the southeast corner.. interesting. it will have absolutely no views except a wall and maybe the top of a house next door. i wonder if the whole top of the "podium" will be car parking, extending all the way to the north east corner.

The problem with a pool on the SE corner is that it will be in the shade when everyone wants to sit out and get some sun in the

afternoon. It should have gone on the southwest corner which is where the sun will be in the afternoons. I'm not to concerned but if they had been thinking thats how they should have oriented the pool. I'm just glad to see the building going up.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing as bob, cloud :lol:

Uptown will be very dense by 2016, more so than it is now.

The TMC is dense, and getting denser.

Downtown's parking lots are being eaten up by residential and office towers.

Buffalo Bayou has a handful of towers around it, with a handful more proposed / starting

Greenway Plaza / Upper Kirby are growing.

Montrose is seeing some tall activity finally.

We are seeing our own Manhattan island forming. The 4 by 1.5 mile stretch that runs East to West. You can even see it from UH (their new stadium in particular). Its so exciting to see.

Uptown will be very dense by 2016, more so than it is now.

The TMC is dense, and getting denser.

Downtown's parking lots are being eaten up by residential and office towers.

Buffalo Bayou has a handful of towers around it, with a handful more proposed / starting

Greenway Plaza / Upper Kirby are growing.

Montrose is seeing some tall activity finally.

We are seeing our own Manhattan island forming. The 4 by 1.5 mile stretch that runs East to West. You can even see it from UH (their new stadium in particular). Its so exciting to see.

am i off base in guesstimating uptown will be at least 50% denser by 2020..? its incredible the amount of high rises proposed for/going up in that area. but yeah, very true, and it excites the **** out of me to think of Houston having its own sprawled version of Manhattans skyline (although with less buildings), from uptown-downtown-the medical center in a few decades.

The view from wildcat golf course is pretty amazing and the gap between DT and uptown is relatively "full" appearing already.

The developments in river oaks, greenway and inside the loop of uptown, which are on board already will certainly give the appearance of a continuous skyline as is. Can't imagine in 20-30 years

• Like 2

It won't be "by itself".. It's less than 2 blocks from museum tower, which is like a block from a couple other high rises. Not mentioning that M Fifty Nine building that was like 13 stories tall, planned for the other side of 59 from this site.

Edited by cloud713