Urbannizer

Camden Conte: 21-Stories x2 (2 Phases) - Downtown

It's a really exciting project for an underutilized part of downtown.

I wonder how active was that area when Clyde Barrow lived at the peacock.

I heard he used to hang out at Root Square. Must have been something off a spot at the time.

• Like 1

Yea this project and the new park will definitely spur a lot more development in this part of downtown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoustonIsHome said:

It's a really exciting project for an underutilized part of downtown.

I wonder how active was that area when Clyde Barrow lived at the peacock.

I heard he used to hang out at Root Square. Must have been something off a spot at the time.

No kidding?  I have never heard any of this story.  I need to google..... unless you are pulling my leg!

• Like 1

According to the article posted about "The Regalia," this has been renamed "Camden Downtown." Mods change thread title?

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 6:37 PM, UtterlyUrban said:

No kidding?  I have never heard any of this story.  I need to google..... unless you are pulling my leg!

Well I'm not certain that he stayed here. Legend gets twisted over time. But I do know that they hung out at Root Square

• Like 1

We need someone at Skyhouse main to keep an eye on this project - or someone living on the east side of Houston House

• Like 3

I'm trying to imagine at least 5 more of these buildings with similar heights in this area. I would love to see every parking lot filled up in 10 years. That's just me being hopeful. 

I passed this project earlier today and was quite impressed at the speed it's going up. I like the eclectic mix of structures in the neighborhood, a boxing facility, a small Prairie Style old school apartment complex, both across the street.

As well the Toyota Center within walking

distance. Now let's hope Camden has

the area trending for similar vertical residential projects.

2 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

I count twelve buildings built or under construction from the last five years. Almost didn't see the Alessandra or Market Square Apartments. Can't tell if I see Capitol Tower. That would make thirteen.

13 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

There are about 9 lots in this picture that would look great with a highrise 

Isn't there a foreign company that owns most of the surface lots in downtown that will not sell?  

If you go into that foreign company's country, make it to the mouth of their volcano and throw an ancient deed into the flames, you free those surface lots for development

2 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Isn't there a foreign company that owns most of the surface lots in downtown that will not sell?  

Yep and I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they have done zero with their land. 

11 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I want to throw up

I agree - hate seeing surface parking lots in our CBD.

3 hours ago, HNathoo said:

I agree - hate seeing surface parking lots in our CBD.

I don't like surface lots either, especially the ones near the old Exxon building and the ones near the Toyota Center, nevertheless there has been a great decrease from just a few years ago.  Things are moving in the right direction. 

24 minutes ago, Texasota said:

I'm *really* not liking the curved bit. That's a hard detail to pull off well and I don't think they've managed it.

I like it. Gives it a unique look