Urbannizer

Camden Conte: 21-Stories x2 (2 Phases) - Downtown

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Texasota said:

I'm *really* not liking the curved bit. That's a hard detail to pull off well and I don't think they've managed it.

 

I like it. Gives it a unique look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Monarch?

^^^ oh yes!  i have been preparing for this change for quite some time.  i just wanted something more aligned with my GCLASS AVATAR.  therefore, i'm starting over with a matching name moniker... and i'm quite happy to do so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Your old account get banned? 

^^^ no.  i just closed it out... or should i say SIGNED OUT... of the old account and created a new account utilizing my new moniker GCLASS.  i do not really care about the number of post per se or number of LIKES acquired.  i just wanted something fresh heading into the new year.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone told me it's owned by a Taiwanese oil company and they aren't interested in selling or developing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is correc

6 hours ago, cspwal said:

Someone told me it's owned by a Taiwanese oil company and they aren't interested in selling or developing it

 

 

That is correct, at least that it is owned by a Taiwanese oil company and it's been common "knowledge" for many years (and it certainly appears true), that they had no interest in selling or developing. They actually owned the land (or at least most of the land) where Toyota Center and the Tundra garage sit. I don't recall if they sold willingly or if the power of eminent domain was used.

 

The bad news is,  they still own the block across from Toyota Center asked about above, plus a bunch more.  Point to a vacant parcel in southeastern downtown and there is a pretty good chance it is owned by this company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

That is correc

 

 

That is correct, at least that it is owned by a Taiwanese oil company and it's been common "knowledge" for many years (and it certainly appears true), that they had no interest in selling or developing. They actually owned the land (or at least most of the land) where Toyota Center and the Tundra garage sit. I don't recall if they sold willingly or if the power of eminent domain was used.

 

The bad news is,  they still own the block across from Toyota Center asked about above, plus a bunch more.  Point to a vacant parcel in southeastern downtown and there is a pretty good chance it is owned by this company.

What would make them sit on property!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres a 2000 WSJ article that I think was posted upthread

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB974263917263844039

 

 

Heres a 1990 article about where the acquisition came from

 

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1990/04/10/Taiwan-company-to-buy-Huffington-energy-land-assets/9871639720000/

 

Opicoil is the Taiwanese oil company name, Golconda Ventures is the real estate arm of the company that shows up on the tax rolls.

 

Interestingly enough Huffington Energy is the same Huffington as Ariana Huffington and the Huffington Post.

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was going to be 21 floors. From my count it looks like they're on 16. I'm hoping for at least 5 more.

At least thats what the heading on this post says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, downtownian said:

Interview posted today with Ric Campo, CEO of Camden.

 

Realty News Report: Do you have plans to construct any more multifamily in Houston in the next few years?

Ric Campo: We’re considering the second phase of our downtown project. Maybe as soon as we finish the first building, we could start. So, the answer is “we’ll see.” Construction costs continue to rise and putting up two buildings at almost the same time would be more efficient. We could simply move the team from one block to another. 

 

http://realtynewsreport.com/2019/01/02/qa-with-ric-campo-houstons-downtown-and-the-multifamily-market/

 

 

Man, I love Ric. Never said a bad word about him on here.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

What does the 2nd phase look like? 

image.png.e1b5a1f54d28906992e2789b7a604748.png

^^^ @j_cuevas713 the second phase shall mirror the first phase.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gclass said:

image.png.e1b5a1f54d28906992e2789b7a604748.png

^^^ @j_cuevas713 the second phase shall mirror the first phase.

 

Second phase faces west rather than north I believe. Located one block south.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

What does the 2nd phase look like? 

I'm pretty sure phase 2 is just phase 1 in a mirror with a goatee 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now