Camden Conte: Multifamily At 1515 Austin St.

Urbannizer

23 minutes ago, Timoric said:

I have to say that Randall Davis, the other punching bag on this forum gains my respect for one thing. He doesn't make them pretty but it seems like his stuff sells just fine and he keeps building more - The Marlow selling well made me think; hell, at least he does something and he obviously knows what works or the market would have bankrupted him by now.

All true. Although my target wasn't so much the initial attack as it was the rush to save Ric Campo by annihilating the attacker.

4 minutes ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Yeah the target of your posts really need to quit using logic and common sense in their posts. Really irritating when that gets in the way of "I don't care if it doesn't make sense I just want a big tall tower"

I'm still optimistic enough about human nature to think that someone can provide logic and common sense to a discussion without calling the other person "stupid" and a "moron."

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

I'm still optimistic enough about human nature to think that someone can provide logic and common sense to a discussion without calling the other person "stupid" and a "moron."

Look, no one was called a Nazi anywhere in the discussion, and I consider that a success, Hitler.

Damnit.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Timoric said:

I have to say that Randall Davis, the other punching bag on this forum gains my respect for one thing. He doesn't make them pretty but it seems like his stuff sells just fine and he keeps building more - The Marlow selling well made me think; hell, at least he does something and he obviously knows what works or the market would have bankrupted him by now.

I agree with you. His projects are eye gauging but he's catering to his audience. When you get a chance browse zillow for +$1mil homes and get a first hand glance at what kind of taste these people have. It's a fine line between Steamboat House & Hotel Granduca.

His execution is perfect when viewed at his target. Excellent business strategy.

Edit: H-town was that article mentioning this forum or swamplot? I feel there is more pettiness & snark there versus here where we maintain grace & civility ;)

• Like 1

Its a fact, that a very infinitesimal number of people have good taste, but that doesn't mean you can't raise the bar.

They can do whatever gaudy thing they want inside their four walls to create their masterpiece of funk, but why take it out on everyone?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, lockmat said:

There is a garage entrance on the west and north side. Why not put the north entrance on the east side which faces the Toyota Center garage? Instead it's facing the park. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps they are trying not to "interact" with the traffic from event traffic at the  TC?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

Big fan of those curved corner units. They'll have a pretty awesome view of the skyline from that site if I'm correct. 

I am guessing that youare correct.  They will likely come with a monthly bill that I would need to mug Bill Gates to afford!  Oh well.  Maybe I will head over for a tour when they begin leasing in a few years so I can see the views of the "lucky few"!

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

I am guessing that youare correct.  They will likely come with a monthly bill that I would need to mug Bill Gates to afford!  Oh well.  Maybe I will head over for a tour when they begin leasing in a few years so I can see the views of the "lucky few"!

Ha, I rented at Camden Travis street back in 2014, I had picked the side that faces downtown specifically. It was like $200 a month extra. The following year they raised my rent $250 MORE. I bought a house 3 months later. $1700 rent at that point was too much. 

I only imagine that those units will be upwards of like $2500 or more

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

Ha, I rented at Camden Travis street back in 2014, I had picked the side that faces downtown specifically. It was like $200 a month extra. The following year they raised my rent $250 MORE. I bought a house 3 months later. $1700 rent at that point was too much. 

I only imagine that those units will be upwards of like $2500 or more

$2500 may be the "entry" rate.  I am told that high rise rentals in downtown start at about $2200 and head up to about $6000 (and possibly more for large units at OPP).

This makes me curious how that can be sustained other than through corporate deals. It seems like theres not a lot of condo's within downtown and I feel like that would balance out these units a bit. When property owners start renting out their own units, I'm sure the market would get more competitive. $6000 a month, for a rental-- and its not even a house. Like wow. I could stay in a hotel for $200 a night (200*30 = $6000), and someone would at least do my sheets every day. 

• Like 5