TxDOT YouTube Video About The Grand Parkway

nolaboy

I enjoyed the videos of all the cars driving through smog. I also like that this idea was dreamed up decades ago when we didn't know what we know today about traffic, pollution, urban growth, mass transit, etc. This video shows that the Grand Parkway is an antiquated and old solution, being pushed by good ole boys, and that it tackles a 21st century problem with ideas from the 20th.

I enjoyed the videos of all the cars driving through smog. I also like that this idea was dreamed up decades ago when we didn't know what we know today about traffic, pollution, urban growth, mass transit, etc. This video shows that the Grand Parkway is an antiquated and old solution, being pushed by good ole boys, and that it tackles a 21st century problem with ideas from the 20th.

Bite me!

I'm just glad our early city planners had the foresight to conceive such a plan and stick with it. The roadway should have been completed years ago, however they should have kept to the original concept with parkways and open landscapes along the way, not just a tollway for the commuter traffic.

• The title was changed to TxDOT YouTube Video About The Grand Parkway

Archived