Asch Retail Building At 827 Studewood St.

s3mh

The big vacant lot on the same block as Oolala and Tulips and Tutus has finally been sold.  Plans are for 8000 sq ft mixed used office/retail.  This side of Studewood could potentially have contiguous retail development from Antidote up to Ruggles Green if a few more lots get converted. 

• 5 years later...

The empty lot at 8-1/2 and Studewood has a variance request up for the July 11th meeting to reduce building line setback from 25’ to 5’ off Studewood. Development named in the variance request signage is “Studewood Shops”. It would be nice to see some more street fronting restaurants/retail go in here.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally posted July 23, 2017 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. An archive link of the entire thread before my posts were removed October 5.

The land at 821 Studewood and 827 Studewood is up for sale again but this was the retail development that was proposed.

I9fVh2y.jpg

8ypzCvP.jpg

stXU7bH.jpg

4NSY3FP.jpg

Originally posted July 23, 2017 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. An archive link of the entire thread before my posts were removed October 5.

The land at 821 Studewood and 827 Studewood went up for sale around April 2015. Loopnet shows a recent update to the listing in June 2017.

4bKat1X.jpg

Loopnet listing (picture above from Loopnet) prior to the sell in 2013:

Great Location! In the Heights - Property situated in the wet area of the Heights near award winning restaurants- Excellent location for a reciprocal or reverse use office above retail

Site is located in the heart of the Houston Heights NW corner of Studewood and 8 1/2th Street within Houston' s inner loop.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17188975/827-Studewood-St-Houston-TX/ (archived link)

The latest Loopnet listing:

WEl8G25.jpg

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19216298/821-827-Studewood-Houston-TX/

After being on the market for years following failed plans to redevelop this lot into retail, the parcels on Studewood are off the market.

The Loopnet listing for 821 Studewood and 827 Studewood was removed this summer, with the message "this land property  is no longer advertised on Loopnet".

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/821-827-Studewood-St-Houston-TX/15554329/ (archive link)

tvk4jvB.jpg

Harris County Appraisal District (HCAD) shows the land changed hands May 21, 2019. Berlanga Brothers Investments Inc. is listed as the new owner.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:01 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Mods @Triton @Subdude this is the original thread about this property ( 821 Studewood) and the adjoining lot at (827 Studewood). It was created in 2013, with follow up posts from me in 2017.

There is a duplicate thread about this same lot here.

Please merge that thread with this one. Thanks.

Done.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to 827 Studewood To Be Developed
  • The title was changed to Asch Retail Building At 827 Studewood St.

Archived