Futuristic Skyscrapers

Marcus Allen

I have a couple of queries and I would put them in the skyscraper section, but that seems to be reserved for HTown related scrapers. So here is my first one and I will also post my second one. Both will require pix to succeed, but I thought they would be fun. Ok, so, which skyscraper in existence now looks the most futuristic to you? And yes, there can be several different "types" of futures. Dystopian? Like Blade Runner style OR Utopian OR going a more organic route. Your decision entirely. Have fun.

Moscow's new financial district is futuristic.

2mffcyh.jpg

Clean design from afar, with many interesting details on the glass up close.

Twin Dragons

et6us4.jpg

Solid, almost brutalist.

Cross-Hash Towers in Seoul.

213fzpv.jpg

I'm not crazy about the color but I love the play with shapes. The same for the Moscow buildings.

^Not a big fan of the Shard.  Or, really, anything London has done since the Victorian Era.  I know Piano did the Shard, but its still just uninspired.

At least to me.

And Moscow/Russia seems to be trying to hard, the architecture is intersting, but seems to be... overcompensating for something?

Chrysler is the epitome of 20th century architecture.  It is our countries version of Notre Dame or Chartes Cathedral.  Timeless, but I wouldn't really say futuristic?  I would say sublimely Deco, purely American (far more so than any monuments in DC or government buildings -excluding the Pentagon).

Great comments all around. Arche 57 , I loved the 2nd pix and the twin dragons?!....where are those to be built Montrose 1100? I agree that while timeless, I don't consider the Chrystler Building necessarily futuristic, but rather iconic. Thanks for all the pix and comments.

• 8 months later...

That 82-year building is a fine piece of development and according to me I can look up to it as a futuristic development than any other modern skyscraper. There are a lot of companies like fortress real development that have been trying to make good skyscrapers but this one 82-year old is a masterpiece. Nothing can overcome this type of development.

• The title was changed to Futuristic Skyscrapers

Archived