Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

On 6/26/2020 at 5:38 PM, H-Town Man said:

With a small site, there are going to be constraints in the parking garage, ...

Back in 2015 i was on a tour of some downtown developments with the urban land institute and the person giving the tour commented on this property and how steep the ramp in the parking garage will have to be (I believe he said the steepest parking garage in the state?).

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, cloud713 said:

Back in 2015 i was on a tour of some downtown developments with the urban land institute and the person giving the tour commented on this property and how steep the ramp in the parking garage will have to be (I believe he said the steepest parking garage in the state?).

It's best to take those kinds of comments with a huge grain of salt.

BTW, did we know this project has a website?   https://www.trammellcrow.com/en/projects/block-98

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cloud713 said:

I'd believe it, given the small size of the site. Although there are towers on some pretty small sites in Austin, so who knows.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

I'm confused as to why the ramp would be any steeper than the garage next to it? The lots are both the same length. Do they not own the whole strip?

They have to provide ground floor retail which the garage next to it does not. Also their garage will be much narrower in width, which makes everything tighter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Looks like this is finally kicking off... They've closed 2 lanes on Crawford, are in the process of fencing off the entire parking lot and have construction trailers set up in the vacant lot catty-corner from the site.  Cheers to another 40+ floor multi-family development in downtown!  

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

I was thinking they should use that parking lot as their Supervisors trailer/laydown yard just the other day. I mean where else could they possibly go. But I was also looking in the parking garage next door to see if they might set up in there.This makes more sense as long as they have someone spotting for trains as they cross.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:
On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

I won’t believe it until it’s completed haha

Right? Breaking ground right before the economy crashes and we tumble into a deep recession? Ballsy

4 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

this building would be an excellent candidate for an automated garage

Great point! I wonder if they considered that option.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

With construction finally starting on this one, I believe that leaves only two left from the downtown living initiative: Another Camden Conte and a Marquette highrise north of Minute Maid Park. Looking good.

This may be the last one to break ground for a little while. A lot of backlog of proposed towers is drying up around town. There are still some great ones but less in Downtown and Uptown. Med Center, Museum District, Midtown, and along Allen Parkway going strong.

Edited by thatguysly
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, thatguysly said:

This may be the last one to break ground for a little while. A lot of backlog of proposed towers is drying up around town. There are still some great ones but less in Downtown and Uptown. Med Center, Museum District, Midtown, and along Allen Parkway going strong.

Are you saying the proposed towers in downtown are dead? paused? or just don't count on it... ?

I am pleasantly surprised this one is going up... it was a long time in the making, so i think it is the right call to get this started. I would love to see:

- 1 Market Square (best location / redesign makes it attractive)

- 6 Houston Center - their marketing strategy has been antiquated IMO - offices that pull the trigger and start tend to lease up before these 'proposals' get any attention

---

- Marquette Ball Park tower - I think that corner of downtown could be really special

- Camden phase 2 - they had spoken about the possibility of getting started on this in the past...

---

- Hanover - I know they are busy, but why haven't they been downtown / midtown at all? I guess they are inching closer with BBP development. 

- Skanska - They might have a transformative development downtown.. I have high hopes

• Like 4

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Agreed. This is us:

Return-of-the-Jedi-Ewok-Party.jpg

Special recognition to Paco Jones who told us it was going to happen and CREguy13 who kept us updated.

I would also include jermh, who I doubted when first read their post. Thought they were seeing a mirage from the heat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avossos said:

Are you saying the proposed towers in downtown are dead? paused? or just don't count on it... ?

I am pleasantly surprised this one is going up... it was a long time in the making, so i think it is the right call to get this started. I would love to see:

- 1 Market Square (best location / redesign makes it attractive)

- 6 Houston Center - their marketing strategy has been antiquated IMO - offices that pull the trigger and start tend to lease up before these 'proposals' get any attention

---

- Marquette Ball Park tower - I think that corner of downtown could be really special

- Camden phase 2 - they had spoken about the possibility of getting started on this in the past...

---

- Hanover - I know they are busy, but why haven't they been downtown / midtown at all? I guess they are inching closer with BBP development. 

- Skanska - They might have a transformative development downtown.. I have high hopes

I think some may come around but seems like it has been very quiet lately. Though this one came out of almost no where. I really hope Shanska happens. I just feel like we might hit a lull until the next wave. A lot of companies are hitting pause with COVID. I hope I am wrong and some race to beat others to open like you see on Allen. I just feel like the list you listed was always more of hopes instead of expected to happen.

• Like 2