Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

On 5/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, Paco Jones said:

It is moving along very quickly.  Expect groundbreaking soon.

They've completed the work on the garage.  The equipment was still on site over lunch hour, but I haven't seen any workers the past two days.  Hopefully they start tearing up the surface lot soon.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

They've completed the work on the garage.  The equipment was still on site over lunch hour, but I haven't seen any workers the past two days.  Hopefully they start tearing up the surface lot soon.

is the equipment the type that can remove asphalt / start digging?

• Like 1

I think tan/beige buildings do add warmth though, if they use a brick veneer or something. Market square tower is pretty decent looking. Too much white and blue and you get Austin's skyline, which can be kind of austere from certain angles and I mean in a not good way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zaphod said:

I think tan/beige buildings do add warmth though, if they use a brick veneer or something. Market square tower is pretty decent looking. Too much white and blue and you get Austin's skyline, which can be kind of austere from certain angles and I mean in a not good way.

Yeah, if it were brick, the second one would be the best. Otherwise either top right or bottom right.

• Like 3

If brick was ruled out, bottom right (current proposal?) is best. If your going to make curves or angles like some of the renderings - best to go bold... bolder than what they proposed.

I feel like this area badly needs brick. While I am disappointed there is no brick, I think we could have ended up with the best one. Simple, different, well designed. Almost appears to be 2 towers with a connector.

• Like 4

Imo bottom right has the best looking street portion out of all of them, and the garage is way better than previous designs. For some reason the brick just doesn't do it for me on this building, it just doesn't look as good as some of the other renderings. But that's all up to preference. Personally, I think we're getting the best out of the proposed designs. 

• Like 4

The bottom right is one of my least favorites. The box-like building topper looks awful IMO. My favorite is the initial rendering (top left) that was released.  All the others look too similar to The Latitude and are just plain boring. 

• Like 2

Bottom right by far outshines the others but it’s a moot point. The building, despite being 42-stories, won’t even reach the height of Hess Tower next door which itself is hardly noticeable on the skyline. It’ll be good for infill but that’s about the extent of it. It’ll hardly be a staple of the skyline. Welcome addition tho!

Edited by wxman
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, wxman said:

Bottom right by far outshines the others but it’s a moot point. The building, despite being 42-stories, won’t even reach the height of Hess Tower next door which itself is hardly noticeable on the skyline. It’ll be good for infill but that’s about the extent of it. It’ll hardly be a staple of the skyline. Welcome addition tho!

It will be about as tall as the Hess Tower, and the view coming in from 45 North will be extended northward from the Hess Tower. It'll definitely fill a void from that angle.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mattie said:

The bottom right is one of my least favorites. The box-like building topper looks awful IMO. My favorite is the initial rendering (top left) that was released.  All the others look too similar to The Latitude and are just plain boring. 

winner.gif?resize=500,300

^^^ and it's @Mattie for the WIN!  congrats, you are absolutely correct upon your assessment!  the latest rendering/concept is horrendous  the lattice like exterior design... reminds me of the HILTON AMERICAS... god awful.  i cannot help but wonder if this is where the architects achieved their wonton inspiration for this long awaited edifice.  actually, imo, the BEST of the group... shall be the bottom far-left design.  very clean and ultra modern...

2 hours ago, Tolarwan said:

What I can tell you is it is the building portion and it's happening this month...

2 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Is it normal to have that quick of a turn-around after a bid?

I assume he is bidding the lighting, not the construction.

construction bids are likely done and on track.

my company doesn’t bid everything at once. They start construction and bid a set time before that part is needed. If he is doing lighting, they probably aren’t needed for the first 6-12 months from the construction start.

• Like 6

On 5/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, Tolarwan said:

It is not the lighting but an interior portion of the building.  I have supplied a lot of the Hanover jobs you guys see going up and it is very typical that this portion I am referring to bids out a couple of months before they break ground.  I'll know more in a couple of weeks.  Stay tuned!

Couple months? .... IMA GONNA DIE!

- all of HAIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Very excited to see this happen... live near BBVA stadium and walk past this area several times a week (well I did back when life was normal and stuff was open) going back and forth from EaDo and Downtown... will be fun watching this thing go up.  The Marriott Marquis is, unfortunately for them, definitely gonna lose a big chunk of their "downtown view" from the pool deck. 

• Like 6