Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

if marlowe has the presales they'll kick off - not worried about that. i was told that TC's tower was moving forward a couple of months ago but we all know how these things go - 40-stories is a big project in a "slowing" market so no one should be shocked if they are waiting it out awhile longer. in addition, almost every project gets delayed in some capacity so again it shouldn't come as even a little surprise here.

Guys, just think how delayed Hines' Market Square Tower was... 2 quarter delay? It is a big project and there still tons of construction going on, so  I am not suprised to see the delay... I just hope that we are full speed ahead still and playing the "on hold" game

• Like 1

The latest announcement on TC’s tower was released not that long ago when it would have been known if the Marriott’s construction office trailers were going to be moved in time to meet the Q2 date. The trailers are still there and show no sign of packing up any time soon.  It’s not to say that there is not a delay or other problem with the projects, but after watching this stuff for a few years, I don’t take the start dates seriously at all.

• Like 3

Could the delay be related to the hotel construction? If that's delayed, they can't really start building until those trailers are gone

I think TC just decided to wait for the Marriott Marquis to wrap up (Sept. 2016 completion) as the market conditions are expected to improve by that time.

• Like 2

Kinda confused why people think trailers are going to be the big thing stopping this from moving forward... that's probably the least of their concern. Honestly, they should go the route of Marlowe... turn this into a condominium. There is a market in downtown for condos. We talked about this last week...CB is seeing broad oversupply in the multi-family market in the Houston area. We will begin to see more and more incentives from newer apartment complexes and may actually see rents begin to flatten by the end of the year/beginning of next year.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...