Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

It's really great to see the tiny plot turn into a tall and modern apartment building. I'm glad it didn't just turn into retail as previous maps suggested. Makes you wonder if only the super garages going up in the parking district had left a little room for future development...

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know, I get puzzled when so many people say "it's too hot, too humid ... no one could possible survive the horrible experience of sweating a bit".  As if no one walks during the summer months in New Orleans, or any time of the year in places like Singapore or Jakarta or Acapulco.  How do people survive there?  ;-)

I was on travel in Miami last week. The ultimate land of hot and humid...except that the thunderstorms form in the early afternoon and dissipate most of the heat. The same effect happens in Houston as long as the winds come off the Gulf.

• Like 1

This is off the topic but I have been to Phoenix and it was 125 degrees and got stuck because the planes could not take off.  My lips were bleeding and forget this dry heat.  It was so hot I will never go there again.  Humidity I'm used to and friends cannot believe my age because your skin is always soft and smooth.  We do get tired of the weather in August.  But late September we finally get a cool front and in October when we have a lot of festivals.   

• Like 2

I like Phoenix and I definitely don't want to come across as a basher of that city.  But ... I have to say, Phoenix is the only place in the US where I have boarded a plane to Houston in the summer and felt relief when stepping out into the Houston climate.  Feeling the air here gave me thing feeling of plunging into a warm tub of water.  Kinda pleasant, actually.  And definitely not as hot.  On a side note -- I once went to a conference in Palm Springs in August ... a lot of people were late arriving because the airport had to close because of the temps (~118 F) .  Plane wings get less lift at those temps and need longer runways, longer than their airport had.

• Like 1

This is off the topic but I have been to Phoenix and it was 125 degrees and got stuck because the planes could not take off. My lips were bleeding and forget this dry heat. It was so hot I will never go there again. Humidity I'm used to and friends cannot believe my age because your skin is always soft and smooth. We do get tired of the weather in August. But late September we finally get a cool front and in October when we have a lot of festivals.

How old are you?
  • Like 1

50 on June 30th.  But I do workout, ride my bike.  I also been to Macho Picchu 3 times and did the 7 days Inca trail and climbed up Wannuau Picchu twice.  And it is very humid there, but nobody believes how I'm turning 50.  So come to Houston it's not that bad as you think.  You can buy a condo proposed 40 floors and you would love it here.   

• Like 1

50 on June 30th. But I do workout, ride my bike. I also been to Macho Picchu 3 times and did the 7 days Inca trail and climbed up Wannuau Picchu twice. And it is very humid there, but nobody believes how I'm turning 50. So come to Houston it's not that bad as you think. You can buy a condo proposed 40 floors and you would love it here.

Yeah I think I will come to Houston, seems like a great place...
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

"Three of the projects — Trammell Crow's project near Discovery Green, Alexan Downtown and Marlowe — were expected to break ground in the second quarter, but seem to be delayed, according to Central Houston's report."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/07/18-residential-projects-on-tap-for-downtown.html

Ruh-roh, Raggy.

• Like 2

if marlowe has the presales they'll kick off - not worried about that. i was told that TC's tower was moving forward a couple of months ago but we all know how these things go - 40-stories is a big project in a "slowing" market so no one should be shocked if they are waiting it out awhile longer. in addition, almost every project gets delayed in some capacity so again it shouldn't come as even a little surprise here.

• Like 4