Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

• 4 weeks later...

i wonder what the situation is with the contractors of Marriott Marquis using this site as an office area. i assume there would be some contractual agreement to allow them to use that property, and it must be for a certain amount of time?

I assume so, especially when one considers that one of the designs had this tower and the hotel linked by sky bridge. In that fashion, hotel guests would have access to the tunnels via the Hess resi tower, hess garage, hess building, another set of sky bridges and into the parkshops then into the tunnels.

I am sure that the plan was to coordinate construction with the hotel. However, with oil's uncertainty, I am betting that this resi tower will wait.....

• Like 1

Would it be possible to ever retrofit the top of the Hess parking garage into additional amenity space for this tower?  Or does that run into a lot of engineering limitations?

If they weren't able to share their residential parking with Hess for this tower then I don't think adding anything onto Hess would be a go at all.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to ever retrofit the top of the Hess parking garage into additional amenity space for this tower? Or does that run into a lot of engineering limitations?

I always assumed that they would use the ramps in the existing garage and tie each floor in. Likely have a "residents" gate on each floor. But, given the comment directly above, I am not sure I am correct.

If they are unable to use the existing garage ramps, that property is so narrow, would be amazed if they could build a garage! Anyone know how it could be done?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if a 6 floor height reduction is the difference between this getting built and not getting built I guess I'll take it. Heh.

Edit. I just realized the block east of Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites could have views of discovery green over the podium of the Marquis.

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 3

Right, I came up with the same count (40 when looking at the new renderings), but if you count the rendering below, the count is 34.

13912893495_b2bbe56691_h.jpg

You'll notice it's shorter than the Hess Tower, whereas in the other renderings, they look to be around the same height.  I guess these new renderings were held back from us when it was 40 stories.  Looks better at 40 if you ask me.  Anyways, we'll soon find out in the next quarter, I hope.

• Like 1

its clearly not 34 stories.. and this appears to be the newest renderings of the project, given they were updated on/added to ZCs website. so what are we missing? is the 34 stories a typo from old info? surely they didnt spend the money to render buildings with the wrong floor counts?

• Like 1