Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this still getting incentives from the Downtown Living Initiative (or whatever it was called) despite taking so long to start construction? If I recall correctly, this is the second-to-last one to get underway that originally qualified for the incentives (the last being the high rise NE of MMP, though that could be way off).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, asubrt said:

Is this still getting incentives from the Downtown Living Initiative (or whatever it was called) despite taking so long to start construction? If I recall correctly, this is the second-to-last one to get underway that originally qualified for the incentives (the last being the high rise NE of MMP, though that could be way off).

Isn't there another Campos residential near Toyota center that is part of the DLI? Only one Campos has been built.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, asubrt said:

They had been given an extension, but it required a temporary certificate of occupancy to be issued by May 28, 2020.  So, they would apparently have needed another extension to still get those incentives.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

I walked by Block 98 this morning.  Not sure what was going on, but there was certainly activity with a few workers on-site.  Maybe we begin seeing more progress in the coming weeks and this is still on schedule for 4/20 start date?

Will be really interesting to see if this one still goes through.... fingers crossed.

• Like 3

I took a couple pictures but my disk is full and won't download to my computer. I talked with the guys who were repairing the tension cables on the parking garage. I asked them if they knew about the apartments to be built but they didn't have a clue. To me it appeared they were tensioning the cables and then putting new cement over the ends.

• Like 2

Threw away a bunch of old pics to make room. Time to buy a new computer for more storage for of all my pics.

Those guys in the lime shirts are the ones I talked to about what they were doing. I wonder if @Purdueenginerd knows what they might have been doing to the tension cables in the parking garage ? I also wonder if it might be because the work on the apartments is about to start. 

lwMqfhb.jpg

PuDXTu3.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 9

• The title was changed to 42-Story High-Rise for Block 98, Behind Hess Tower
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Paco Jones said:

It is moving along very quickly.  Expect groundbreaking soon.

Wow this would be really great. It will be wonderful to see downtown continue to grow despite the troubles.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Avossos said:

Wow this would be really great. It will be wonderful to see downtown continue to grow despite the troubles.

Literally right now is the perfect time to start a project. We haven't fully bottomed out, but with prices on everything being so low, plus interests next to zero, plus deflation, now is the time to dump money into something which will hold value longer than paper money. I say that because coming up next once the economy does start rolling is possible inflation or even hyper-inflation with all the money we are printing to get us out of this.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Luminare said:

Literally right now is the perfect time to start a project. We haven't fully bottomed out, but with prices on everything being so low, plus interests next to zero, plus deflation, now is the time to dump money into something which will hold value longer than paper money. I say that because coming up next once the economy does start rolling is possible inflation or even hyper-inflation with all the money we are printing to get us out of this.

I agree - but if you're a developer, you need to trust that cycle. If you don't, you get bearish. Logic v instinct.

Looking forward to seeing shovels in the ground on this *fingers crossed* *knocking on wood*

• Like 6

The garage section is so much better than the previous design, also that white stone paired with the glass is going to make it pop. Personally I think the white stone is a much better choice than the beige counterpart, and the design for the upper deck pool is also very interesting. Overall it's a step up from the previous rendering. 

• Like 5

I really like how they changed the design of the parking garage, but with the skywalk to the Marriott Marquis now removed from the rendering, I guess this means there now definitely won't be a tunnel/skywalk connection between the convention center and the rest of downtown as I had hoped (and as the earlier renderings had indicated).  Too bad.

• Like 4

The upper left side looks nice/like a Hanover product. The garage and right side kind of look like a cheap hotel to me though? 
Overall it’s a decent addition, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if this never gets built, preserving the Marriotts western skyline view.
A nice strip of retail, bars and restaurants, topped with some co-op/boutique office space that doesn’t go higher than the garage would be ideal IMO, or even some “more affordable” residential micro units, again topping out at the top of the garage. I may be in the minority though of wanting to preserve the Marriotts pool deck view.