Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Height: 468’ Work begins 4/20, light one up for this one 😆    https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=430526526&row=2

https://www.highstreetresidential.com/en/portfolio/block-98   42-stories, 2Q 2022 completion  

Rendering from this past March.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

how much parking do they need haha

According to Downtown Houston, there will be 314 units x 2 vehicles would be 628 parking spots plus visitors, guest and staff that is going to be quite a few parking spots necessary. Add a tiny narrow footprint.

I3xYLcd.png

 

 

https://www.downtownhouston.org/media/uploads/attachments/2021-02-04/210203_Development_Map_11x17.pdf

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hindesky said:

According to Downtown Houston, there will be 314 units x 2 vehicles would be 628 parking spots plus visitors, guest and staff that is going to be quite a few parking spots necessary. Add a tiny narrow footprint.

I3xYLcd.png

 

 

https://www.downtownhouston.org/media/uploads/attachments/2021-02-04/210203_Development_Map_11x17.pdf

 

I doubt they have 2 parking spots for every unit.  The market for downtown apartments seems to be 1 per unit.  More than that costs extra.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they can park next door if more parking is necessary of tenants? Is there going to have a ramp built to the garage next door? I would assume that some of the 2 & 3 bedrooms would need more than 1 spot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I wonder if they can park next door if more parking is necessary of tenants? Is there going to have a ramp built to the garage next door? I would assume that some of the 2 & 3 bedrooms would need more than 1 spot.

I doubt they will be connected to the garage next door or that it will be an issue.

This is not Trammel Crow Residential's first rodeo.  I'm sure they have a solid handle on how many parking spaces they will need (and even if most of the 2- and 3-bedroom tenants take 2 spaces, the math seems to work out pretty well).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this sounds crazy, but even in Houston, some of those units won't need *any* parking. Yes, some weirdos will rent an apartment downtown with multiple vehicles per household, but they'll be at least somewhat balanced out by those with no car. Even in a market rate building. Even in Houston.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texasota said:

I know this sounds crazy, but even in Houston, some of those units won't need *any* parking. Yes, some weirdos will rent an apartment downtown with multiple vehicles per household, but they'll be at least somewhat balanced out by those with no car. Even in a market rate building. Even in Houston.

Exactly right.  And apartment developers have noticed.  That is why the the downtown market standard now seems to be 1 parking spot per unit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Exactly right.  And apartment developers have noticed.  That is why the the downtown market standard now seems to be 1 parking spot per unit.

Actually, developers have to follow the required parking spots per unit type ratios set by the authority having jurisdiction.  In this case it is the City of Houston.  Architects are typically the ones who manage this equation during the design phases.

 

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/DevelopRegs/docs_pdfs/parking_req.pdf

 

Hope this helps.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paco Jones said:

Actually, developers have to follow the required parking spots per unit type ratios set by the authority having jurisdiction.  In this case it is the City of Houston.  Architects are typically the ones who manage this equation during the design phases.

 

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/DevelopRegs/docs_pdfs/parking_req.pdf

 

Hope this helps.

 

Actually, those parking requirements do not apply in downtown Houston.  (If they did apply, this building would be required to have 449 parking spaces. The information you helpfully provided earlier says they are only building  417.)

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

 

Actually, those parking requirements do not apply in downtown Houston.  (If they did apply, this building would be required to have 449 parking spaces. The information you helpfully provided earlier says they are only building  417.)

Hey, thanks for the info!  I didn't realize that.

 

It also seems that Mid-Town and EaDo aren't required to follow that code either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, most of Midtown. They carved out the east side because townhouse owners complained or something.

Also the transit corridors (Red line, Green line, Purple line, Uptown BRT) - somewhat complicated, but within 1/4 mile of a station is exempt, 1/2 mile is exempt or cut in half depending on use. Although 1/2 mile is opt-in for some reason.

And the planned University line has a kind of preliminary partial transit corridor status with the 1/2 mile opt-in standards.

Also protected historic buildings and contributing buildings in historic districts half their parking requirements cut in half.

And a 10% discount on parking reqs for including bike parking in some cases.

 

...that's everything I'm aware of that mitigates the City's terrible parking requirements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kennyc05 said:

Is there gfr in these apartments.

I'm going to say I doubt it. You have 3 restaurants next door and 3 or 4 more at GRB. Footprint on the building is tiny.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hindesky said:

I'm going to say I doubt it. You have 3 restaurants next door and 3 or 4 more at GRB. Footprint on the building is tiny.

A little bitty cafe would be nice. Although, I’m not sure if that would work financially. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hess Tower has a great space on the 1st floor that would be ideal for an all-day cafe......lots of patio space, set off the street, shade trees, etc.......I believe it is has been used exclusively for the building's office workers, but maybe something they would consider as more density comes to the area

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, hindesky said:

I'm going to say I doubt it. You have 3 restaurants next door and 3 or 4 more at GRB. Footprint on the building is tiny.

In most cities, a park like DG would support 20-30 eateries within walking distance, assuming there's any tourism at all. When Block 100 gets developed, it goes from layup to slam dunk.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 9:34 AM, H-Town Man said:

In most cities, a park like DG would support 20-30 eateries within walking distance, assuming there's any tourism at all. 

 

And we're already will within that range (or above it, depending on how one defines walking distance).

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday late morning I'm driving down 45 south and see some Liebher crane sections going north and I'm thinking were are those going? I had it in my mind to the TMC3, completely forgetting about this tower crane getting raised this weekend.:wacko:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I got there they were about to add the 5th section and using the 6th for counterbalance. Asked a guy involved with the crew and he said will it add about 120' of height to the crane.

bO0RpxP.jpg

Luo52GE.jpg

MsA1xNf.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...